Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

DeAndre Jordan...

Featured Replies

I'm not even thinking about Jordan, Patterson or Lucas. I have very low expectations for this years team. If we land any of those guys, thats just icing on the cake in my opinion. Its going to take time people. I think things will be turned around sooner than later, but most likely not next year.

 

I'd love to get any of the three names mentioned though. Especially Lucas and Jordan.

  • Replies 116
  • Views 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not even thinking about Jordan, Patterson or Lucas. I have very low expectations for this years team. If we land any of those guys, thats just icing on the cake in my opinion. Its going to take time people. I think things will be turned around sooner than later, but most likely not next year.

 

I'd love to get any of the three names mentioned though. Especially Lucas and Jordan.

 

Well thats the thing, if we get those people its not going to take time, because if we got those 3 it would put us at a spot to compete for the National Title. Now if we dont get those guys, we know it takes time. But lets just go ahead and get those guys and screw having to rebuild for a year or two...

Well thats the thing, if we get those people its not going to take time, because if we got those 3 it would put us at a spot to compete for the National Title. Now if we dont get those guys, we know it takes time. But lets just go ahead and get those guys and screw having to rebuild for a year or two...

That's a little easier said than done. Florida just came off back to back National Championships and their coach decided to stay. They lost their entire starting lineup. HUGE selling points for Donnovan at Florida to walk right in and play there. I think Lucas will go to Florida but not sure about the other two. They are still kind of in the air.

I'm not even thinking about Jordan, Patterson or Lucas. I have very low expectations for this years team. If we land any of those guys, thats just icing on the cake in my opinion. Its going to take time people. I think things will be turned around sooner than later, but most likely not next year.

 

I'd love to get any of the three names mentioned though. Especially Lucas and Jordan.

:thumb:

 

Time heals all. UK with Billy G at the helm will be back, he'll work his butt off for UK.

:thumb:

 

Time heals all. UK with Billy G at the helm will be back, he'll work his butt off for UK.

 

:thumb:

And just as importantly players who do not want to do the same wont come/stay here .

 

I think from the first game next year you will see a different mentality on the floor.:ylsuper:

That's a little easier said than done. Florida just came off back to back National Championships and their coach decided to stay. They lost their entire starting lineup. HUGE selling points for Donnovan at Florida to walk right in and play there. I think Lucas will go to Florida but not sure about the other two. They are still kind of in the air.

 

Well lets see we have an entire front line open as well, and we have no true pg. So just like at Florida, they would see that they most likely will be starting here just as well. Not to mention UK has a pretty big selling point as well, in talking to the kids and telling them that they could be the ones that get this storied program back on track. Both schools will have huge selling points. It just depends on what the players are looking for. And I disagree with Lucas, I think he has a better chance of coming here than Florida, but Patterson is the one who has a good chance to end up in Florida...

Well lets see we have an entire front line open as well, and we have no true pg. So just like at Florida, they would see that they most likely will be starting here just as well. Not to mention UK has a pretty big selling point as well, in talking to the kids and telling them that they could be the ones that get this storied program back on track. Both schools will have huge selling points. It just depends on what the players are looking for. And I disagree with Lucas, I think he has a better chance of coming here than Florida, but Patterson is the one who has a good chance to end up in Florida...

I agree. Patterson is the biggest concern. However, I think he will eventually announce for UK. It would be a perfect fit for him, and I think he will see that, in the end. UK will be getting a LOT of national attention next year with the new coach and all...and PP will be smack dab in the middle of all that attention. Sort of like Mashburn was in the early '90s. It's pretty similar to when Coach Williams moved to UNC, another storied program that was struggling. UNC won only 7 games in 2003 but came back 2 years later to win the national title.

 

 

Anyway you look at it, Florida is still not Kentucky. They've got a LONG way to go to achieve that status. Other programs have had their moment in the limelight only to fall back into obscurity (UNLV, Houston, San Francisco...) and Florida will do likewise. It's not a basketball school and never will be. That status is reserved for basketball schools such as Kentucky, UCLA, Louisville, Kansas, North Carolina, Indiana, and Duke.

Jordan said today that he would honor his commitment and enroll at A&M in the fall...

Jordan said today that he would honor his commitment and enroll at A&M in the fall...

Lets see who the coach is before that is finalized...

Billy G said earlier Jordan would stay at A&M, but I'm not buying it. That's what he had to say in the moment.

 

I don't expect UK to actively recruit him unless he states that he is not going to A & M. UK should let him be as long as he still intends to go to A & M.

  • Author

delete

You guys should go check out the ESPN message boards about this topic......there are some delusional A&M fans that seem to think we envy them as a program because we got their head coach and think that they have a good player or two.

Texas A&M said that if the players weren't happy with the new coach, they would let them out of their LOIs. But, they weren't going to let them out of their LOIs until they had hired and met with the new coach.

You guys should go check out the ESPN message boards about this topic......there are some delusional A&M fans that seem to think we envy them as a program because we got their head coach and think that they have a good player or two.

 

 

I believe I would take more than 1 or 2 of their current LOI's

Texas A&M said that if the players weren't happy with the new coach, they would let them out of their LOIs. But, they weren't going to let them out of their LOIs until they had hired and met with the new coach.

 

Can't fault them for that.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.