Tom Leach is an 18%er

ladiesbballcoach

Say it ain't so. Maybe they could look at real rivals like Florida, Tennessee and (gasp) Vandy...

Too easy. Besides, they don't want to accept the fact that part of the reason for UK's mythical "slippage" is because the rest of the league — and by extension, the rest of the country — has upped its game to a respectable level. UK fans long for the days when everyone in the SEC was scared of the jersey.

For the millionth time: You have to play more often than once or twice a decade to be a rival.

Yes I will agree with you and no I won't.

The main rivals are Tennessee, Florida, IU, UL (presently but they will slip after this class goes through).

But on the national scene, I consider UNC, Kansas to be rivals as they bandy about for the all-time winningest schools.

I define rivals by being "Is it a special game when UK takes the court against them." I think that is an affirmative for a UNC, Kansas, Duke even though it might not always be a yearly game.

Ky plays Uconn, it is not a special game.

Ky plays Texas, it is not a special game.

Ky plays Maryland, it is not a special game.

But they play any of the 3 above and it takes a different role.

So yes, not a main rival, but yes a rival.

Yes I will agree with you and no I won't.

The main rivals are Tennessee, Florida, IU, UL (presently but they will slip after this class goes through).

But on the national scene, I consider UNC, Kansas to be rivals as they bandy about for the all-time winningest schools.

I define rivals by being "Is it a special game when UK takes the court against them." I think that is an affirmative for a UNC, Kansas, Duke even though it might not always be a yearly game.

Ky plays Uconn, it is not a special game.

Ky plays Texas, it is not a special game.

Ky plays Maryland, it is not a special game.

But they play any of the 3 above and it takes a different role.

So yes, not a main rival, but yes a rival.

To be an 18%er you have to consider Duke THE main rival. That's the sheer stupidity that coined the phrase...

I believe that was the announcer in the KY-GA game who gave an update on Duke and called them "Kentucky's archrival."

HE is an 18% and proof that not only UK fans see a rivalry between UK and Duke.

:D :D :D :lol:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I also heard that comment.