All-State Candidates

coachFB

Originally posted by eastboy

If your trying to say that I don't get out of the mountains you have that totally wrong, bud. I probably get out of the state more than you do. Bottom line East side fans I think this guy is pretty much jealous that his west side teams are no comparison to our great East teams. By the way I would like to see your team play Bell Im sure they can't beat them. Look below:

Once again look what we have done even when Bell beats us:

1998 State Champs

1999 State Semi's

2002 State Semi's

2003 Most and likely State Semi or farther.

I think you have problems....:sssh:

Westsiders point was that either:

1.) Middlesboro has all-staters at every position, but there must be some sort of coaching problem as to why they got beat by Bell so bad.

or

2.) Eastboy might not be the best judge of talent if he thinks Middlesboro has all staters at every position.

So which is it? :D

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These dragons

players should get a vote with out a doubt. Moll is one of the top 5 passers in state and hull has to be on of the better recievers when it comes to getting yards after catch. his moves are incredible!

kevin hull-wr/db

Josh Moll-QB

Only picking CANDIDATES from teams I've actually watched this year (CCH, Dixie, Highlands, Boone, SK, Oldham, Beechwood)

Sester, Nevels, maybe Peterman - Highlands

Dixie - maybe O'Toole

Boone - Floyd

Beechwood - Wera, Martin, Daniels

Oldham - Bramblett

CCH - Drees, Donoghue

BGHS:

Taylor Burch, T

Malcolm Bailey, G

C.J. Sullivan, HB

Justin Sloss, HB

Adam Mercer, K

Dominique Todd, DT

Clint Eakles, DE/SS

Ches Brinkley, LB

Justin Murphy, LB

Bradley Barlow, FS

Carlos Fugate, CB

Just some names to consider from the BGHS Camp! I know that not all of them will make it, but they've had great seasons for us!;) :thumb:

Some others worthy here in Southcentral KY:

Cailyn Hogan, WR, Franklin-Simpson

Todd Adler, WR/LB, Logan Co

Nick Conley, LB, Warren Central

Ben Sowders, P, Greenwood

Lonnell DeWalt, TE/WR, Warren Central

Ben Basham, Utility, Warren East

Travis Perkins, QB, Franklin-Simpson

Brock Whitney, QB, Warren Central

Dustin Dewitt, LB, Greenwood

Tyler Berry, WR, Allen Co-Scottsville

:thumb: :thumb:

Originally posted by cshs81

Only picking CANDIDATES from teams I've actually watched this year (CCH, Dixie, Highlands, Boone, SK, Oldham, Beechwood)

Sester, Nevels, maybe Peterman - Highlands

Dixie - maybe O'Toole

Boone - Floyd

Beechwood - Wera, Martin, Daniels

Oldham - Bramblett

CCH - Drees, Donoghue

I think alot of you are completely underestimating what it takes to be All-State. I think there were 3 or maybe 4 from all of NKY last year.

Out of the ones you ahve here, Wera and Sester are the only ones that may get a sniff, and even then it's questionable.

Originally posted by 98NCCalum

I think alot of you are completely underestimating what it takes to be All-State. I think there were 3 or maybe 4 from all of NKY last year.

Out of the ones you ahve here, Wera and Sester are the only ones that may get a sniff, and even then it's questionable.

I think most people are listing candidates realizing its tough to make. If we were only looking for locks, obviously, it would be a short list and a short discussion.

Also, as Mike Fields of the Herald Leader pointed out last year, its a flawed process. You get writers who don't know anyone outside of their region and then some of them don't even vote.

I bet some of the BGPers could do a better job and I'll stick by my list as valid CANDIDATES for all-state recognition (even if its Honorable Mention which is usually a pretty big list).

Originally posted by Oldbird

Westsiders point was that either:

1.) Middlesboro has all-staters at every position, but there must be some sort of coaching problem as to why they got beat by Bell so bad.

or

2.) Eastboy might not be the best judge of talent if he thinks Middlesboro has all staters at every position.

So which is it? :D

Neither, Oldbird ... you too are jealous of the mountain teams and their infinite superiority.

Kinda makes you wish you lived there, huh? :lol:

Bottom line East side fans I think this guy is pretty much jealous that his west side teams are no comparison to our great East teams.

Gee, eastboy, you figured me out.

I just can't get over the fact that Paducah Tilghman, Mayfield, Hopkinsville and Owensboro Catholic and the like are so outclassed by all those powerful mountain teams.

Cawood, Allen, Burrowes, Idol, Patterson, Stewart, Beeler, Hatfield, Adams, Bruner, Capps, Hale, all from Middlesboro

Considering the way Bell County spanked Middlesboro, I'm not sure all 12 would even make the all-county team.

Originally posted by westsider

Considering the way Bell County spanked Middlesboro, I'm not sure all 12 would even make the all-county team.

You can tell you don't know much of football, because three of those starters didn't even play against Bell. By the way I still think you have problems. So who's your team since you don't think Middlesboro is good enough. By the way Middlesboro is the 6th most winningest football program in the State of Kentucky where's you team on this... By the way with the all-county remark I would take those players over any of the Bell players... :fire:

Originally posted by HappyGilmore

Belfry

Matt Marcum OL, Josh Cullop DL, Phillip Varney DL, Clifton Hatfield DE, David Jones RB, and Doug Howard RB.

Marcum, Howard and Cullop shoud get some serious consideration in my book.