All-State Candidates

coachFB

Originally posted by southeast_bell

I don't see nothing wrong with eastboys post.

It's not like everyone else isn't doing it and no one says anything to them.

I take easyboys post the same way i take PurpleHaze's post he just wants to give them credit for having a great seasons for us.

You see NO difference in this...

Originally posted by PurpleHaze

Just some names to consider from the BGHS Camp! I know that not all of them will make it, but they've had great seasons for us!;) :thumb:

and this

Originally posted by eastboy

I thought it would be pretty funny to do this. Yea I think there all capable of being on it, everyone of them....

PH, says here are some names to consider.

EB, says I think everyone I named is capable of being all state.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by eastboy

If your trying to say that I don't get out of the mountains you have that totally wrong, bud. I probably get out of the state more than you do.

NO ONE travels more than Westsider or sees more teams or players. Just going through the tunnel at Middlesboro into Tennessee doesn't count.

If you wanted people to take you seriously, you wouldn't list 12 guys from one school as all-state candidates. Pick out one or two.

Westsider,

Quit bashing the mountains because one guy irritates you or we'll take this debate up a level or two.

Originally posted by HDE

NO ONE travels more than Westsider or sees more teams or players. Just going through the tunnel at Middlesboro into Tennessee doesn't count.

If you wanted people to take you seriously, you wouldn't list 12 guys from one school as all-state candidates. Pick out one or two.

Westsider,

Quit bashing the mountains because one guy irritates you or we'll take this debate up a level or two.

Thanks for the support, HDE ... I think.

I'm not bashing the mountains. This has nothing to do mountain football or the tired East vs. West issue.

And I'm not the one that brought it up.

Fine than i rest my case.

But i don't see any difference in what he is doing than anybody else .and for me to see one person singled out like he has and not just in this thread but every other is getting very old.

Would i have been out of line if had told Westsider or Purplehaze they needed to get out of western Kentucky?

Originally posted by 98NCCalum

I think alot of you are completely underestimating what it takes to be All-State. I think there were 3 or maybe 4 from all of NKY last year.

Out of the ones you ahve here, Wera and Sester are the only ones that may get a sniff, and even then it's questionable.

Bramblett from Oldham will defintely get more than a "sniff". He was a very, very good running back. I'd also say that Drees should make at least honorable mention. He is having an amazing year and putting up some big numbers.

But i don't see any difference in what he is doing than anybody else .

Then read my post above again.

Would i have been out of line if had told Westsider or Purplehaze they needed to get out of western Kentucky?

No.

If PH or WS would have picked 11 guys from one team and said they all deserved to be on the all state team then I think a logical response would be, then you need to see more teams.

But i don't see any difference in what he is doing than anybody else .and for me to see one person singled out like he has and not just in this thread but every other is getting very old.

If it keeps happening to him, perhaps there's a reason ... maybe he brings it on himself.

Where there's smoke ... there's usually fire.

You guys are cracking me up, but for the second time in a day, I'm going with Westsider (weird?) and the others. It's a constant flood of Mboro from some people and I dont know if this is just it coming to a head and people being sick of seeing it or what, but it is just unreasonable for all or any of these players to make that team. I can see possibly Idol, but there are several good LBs in Ky. 5 or 6 of these might have the chance at making Honorable Mention, but the All-State team? Your kidding.

The two posts of Eastboy and PurpleHaze are almost completely different. No contest and should be no argument.

I think half of the people Eastboy mentioned may not even play at Bell Co. Thus, validating the post of Westsider saying they wouldnt even make all-county. I have seen very little W. KY. football, but I do know one thing, it is some of the best football in the state. I know I wouldnt look forward to a game with PT among others. I do have to go with HDE in that you better not bash mountain football, thats a no-no. Just b/c one guy gets on your nerves, dont take it out on a whole area of a state, confine that to one city.:D HDE, I was also thinking the same thing with the tunnel thing, I just hate that you beat me to it. Its very true about Westsider traveling and seeing a lot of teams. I have been on the site for a while now and have seen where he is always traveling and seeing different teams. I'm not always in agreement with him on some things he says, but he is a very credible poster.

Now, as for the players from my school with a shot at All-State, I dont know if we have one that would make 1st or 2nd team, but I think you'll see Shawn Robbins, and possibly Jacob Warren and Brent Barton in there to make that team.

Let me clarify some things ...

I'm not anti-Bell County or anti-Middlesboro or anti-anyone ... in the mountains or anywhere else in this state.

I've criticized Bell County's schedule, but I think they're one of the better 3A teams in the state.

I've criticized eastboy's views and assertions for various reasons, but I think his Middlesboro team is a legitimate contender in 2A.

I am not trumpeting the west here, other than some very good players we have in this area. And with that in mind, these are my nominations from the far west ...

Joe Casey, RB, Paducah Tilghman

Hunter Cantwell, QB, Paducah Tilghman

Chris Fountain, LB, Paducah Tilghman

LeAndre Bolen, LB, Paducah Tilghman

Brandon Fitzgerald, LB, Ballard Memorial

Micah Jones, OT, Mayfield

Adam Ivey, P, Mayfield

Seth Barrow, WR, Calloway County

Curtis Pulley, QB, Hopkinsville

Sammy Gonzalez, DB, Hopkinsville

Alexis Haskett, RB, Christian County

Marcus McClinton, DB, Fort Campbell

Gabe Wallace, LB, Fort Campbell

Honorable mention ...

LeAndre Bolen, LB, Paducah Tilghman

Antonio Woods, OT, Paducah Tilghman

Barkley Carr, P, Paducah Tilghman

Brandon Austin, QB, Heath

Brock Wright, RB, Heath

Brandon Steele, QB, Calloway County

Steven Wadlington, RB, Trigg County

Jeffery Adams, DT, Trigg County

Sean Thompson, QB, Crittenden County

I'm sure there are some I missed ...

:madman: :madman: Well imtrying to be diplomatic on this westsider,bellalum. The west does have some good players and teams and bell is a good and solid team(i saw this first hand) but bell toplay boro now would be a differentstory. And i can agree with warren as all-state and brent a big yes. Robbins no. You couldn't stop beat corbin ,we did AT CORBIN. Dont crack on someone for supporting there team. you guys are just as guilty. Asfor westsider until you come to the mountains to play dont be downing what you dont know. Oh yea Corbin may be out west ,but yhey are all mountain.:fight: :fight: :fight: