All-State Candidates

coachFB

3A has a little more parity than the other classes in my opinion. There are more teams with a chance than in the other classes. They always have some of the best teams. I mean as much as you want to take from the Cantrall ratings, they put a lot of teams at the top from 3A.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Matman

I just don't get what's so great about Trinity. Everyone knows 3A is the hardest class. With that, know Highlands has the most state championships. They have one more than Trinity (I may be wrong).

So, explain to me, why should I think they're some sort of god of football?

we shall see how lexington teams perform this year in the play-offs.................if your teams are so good in the mountains etc, then give us a call, don't beat your gums !

Highlands only wanted to play us when they had Guidugli , etc.

They didn't even want their frosh or JV to play us, nor did they want to schedule a series of games . Boyle turned us down , and even turned down a chance to scrimmage us.

Talk is cheap. If you want to talk your talk, you got to walk the walk.

As they say in the mountains , 'it ain't braggin if you can backit up'.

Boyle's Brad Cloud needs to be considered for all-state. He hardly ever leaves the field for the Rebels. He plays TE/WR on offense and catches anything near him. He also runs the ball some for the Rebels. I wish I had his stats for the season, but I am sure they are impressive.

He also plays linebacker. He led the team in "big hits" last year as a junior and is on pace to do so again this year. He's a tenacious defensive player.

He also is the team's long-snapper and kickoff return man. He has good speed.

Other players I would suggest from teams that Boyle has played this year:

# 16 (WR) from Highlands (the one on the opening page of bluegrass preps this week) - He had very good hands and did a good job of adjusting his route and aggressively going after the ball.

Cole Draughn from Pulaski County - A 19 year old kid with the body of a 28 year old man. Good mobility for his size. Good competitor. He's what makes Pulaski go.

Kelvin Turner and Penix from Danville - Turner is quite possibly the second best RB in the state. His stats aren't overwhelming because he shares carries with Penix. I would put him in the same league with Joe Casey if he added a little more size.

NKY were are you all at we have some canidates who could have potential for all state. I mean i dont get around the state much but here are starts from here.

Ryan Fogle

Daryl Warner

Chase Floyd

Dustin Alvey

Tyron Armstrong

Rodney Stone

Keven Smith

Jeff Wera

Just a few any thoughts?

Originally posted by RebelRev

Boyle's Brad Cloud needs to be considered for all-state. He hardly ever leaves the field for the Rebels. He plays TE/WR on offense and catches anything near him. He also runs the ball some for the Rebels. I wish I had his stats for the season, but I am sure they are impressive.

He also plays linebacker. He led the team in "big hits" last year as a junior and is on pace to do so again this year. He's a tenacious defensive player.

He also is the team's long-snapper and kickoff return man. He has good speed.

Agree.:ylsuper:

Originally posted by RebelRev

# 16 (WR) from Highlands (the one on the opening page of bluegrass preps this week) - He had very good hands and did a good job of adjusting his route and aggressively going after the ball.

Mitch McMahon is his name.

The best way to describe him is just an all around solid football player.

I think after last nights game that Belfry's Marcum and Cullop proved to be 2 of the top tackles in the state and if they where anywhere but as far east in Ky as you could go they would be geting way more press....and what about Doug Howard's performance the past 2 weeks

Originally posted by Brewsky

Next is right.

To all of you. If you haven't seen Matt Marcum and Josh Cullop dominate people, you are doing yourself an injustice. These kids are the creme de la creme folks... They could start at Trinity! :scared:

I Agree 110% with NEXT and BREWSKY!!!::banana:

Marcum and Cullop are Awesome!!!!:ylsuper: :ylsuper:

Originally posted by NEXT

Belfry's Marcum and Cullop proved to be 2 of the top tackles in the state and if they where anywhere but as far east in Ky as you could go they would be getting way more press

One reason I agree with this, is at Friday night's game I over heard some people asking who #78 was and it was Matt Marcum. IMO this says that they are not getting enough press. I know that they are O- lineman, but they still deserve to get credit for what they can do!!!!IMO

WAY TO GO MARCUM AND CULLOP!!!! :ylsuper: :thumb: :ylsuper: :thumb:

I know this has been on here some where..... But does anyone know if Marcum or Cullop is being recruited by anyone???

Marcum is getting looks from Miami, Oh and Cullop is Louisville and both are getting looked at by Marshall, EKU, WKU, and pretty much every NAIA school around including UVA-Wise, Pikeville, and Georgetown.

Cullop also has the speed to play bigger college ball... to be as big as he is he can really move as well. Belfry's best play this year has been the slant off tackle, it's easy to see why when Marcum and Cullop has their man completely out of the picture everytime.