All-State Candidates

coachFB

Originally posted by eastboy

Middlesboro, Corbin, Rockcastle Co, Bell Co, Belfry, Ashland, Mason Co, Breathitt Co, Lawrence Co, Prestonsburg just to name a few. I would still take the East over the West...

Would you take them over Louisville, or better yet, Trinity?

:scared:

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going back to Eastboys comments, Burrows did play against Bell. He got popped hard early and wasnt a factor. I am pretty sure he played some after that. I seem to remember him dropping a pass after that.

THere is no way the Mboro could compete with Bell at this point in the yr and next yr for that matter.

Bell has IMO 6 boys who if Coach Hilton wanted to could build them up to be All state players, but hes worried about the team more so than individual accomplishments and doesnt pad stats.

Shawn Robbins

John Brumbach

Trey Harbin

Brent Barton

Jacob Warren

Jordan Marcum

Also on a friendly note to Westsider Casey and the QB, i forget his name may be the best 1 2 punch in the state.

I think the north can beat either the west or the mountains, so I don't think it matters. I remember in... 2001? Paintsville upsets middlesboro to get to play newcath and does anyone remember what happened? *Shiver*

Originally posted by The Scribe

Let's get back on track by discussing All-State candidates...start a Bell County/Middlesboro war on another thread

I agree, this thread is way to long due to all the arguements.

Central KY has some kids who deserve some credit, I can vote for Scott County, having watched them all season against some pretty good competition.

Ted Sberna: RB/DB/Returner, does it all extremely well

Matt Higgs: OL/DL, gets the downfield key blocks

Chris Cronin: QB, not big or flashy just wins

I would also say the QB from Seneca and the big RB from St. X deserve credit, as do a few from Lexington

Robbins is legit, he is an All - State candidate, if the ball is stuffed at the line and be bounces outside, you had better have two or more guys to wrap him up at the legs. He ran a legitimate 4.4 on grass. Next year, he will be one of the premier backs in the state, plus he has shifty feet and in open areas can hit the extra gear. Warren is not all state, Jordan Marcum is a better player and can fit up and drive, I know Warren is strong, but he can't pull or pass protect.

Brent Barton is hard, plain and simple, but he is playing the wrong position for first team, a definite honorable mention. These three are worth the money to see them play. 'They play like football is meant to be played. Hard and all out effort.

Originally posted by hardlifter

Robbins is legit, he is an All - State candidate, if the ball is stuffed at the line and be bounces outside, you had better have two or more guys to wrap him up at the legs. He ran a legitimate 4.4 on grass. Next year, he will be one of the premier backs in the state, plus he has shifty feet and in open areas can hit the extra gear.

One question ... who timed him at 4.4? Was it in a combine? A camp?

If he's a legitimate 4.4, he will be recruited by every school in the country. Somehow, though, I doubt that time is accurate.

Originally posted by BareRock

I wonder out loud what kind of competition these guys have seen . :rolleyes: :sleep:

Not sure if you meant the players mentioned from the schools before, or if you meant everyone mentioned as a candidate.

If you meant everyone, there is no doubt that Cov Cath TE Jeff Drees has excelled against the very best.

Robbins ran like a 4.47 at a combine at Lynn Camp. And I watched Coach Hilton time him at 4.49, and coach seems to time everyone slower than they do at combines. I cant swear that Shawn runs a legit 4 4 but I can pretty much say hes atleast in the 4.5 range. And hes just a Jr. Im not sure on whos recruiting him and Im not comparing him to anyone

but hes pretty darn good.