All-State Candidates

coachFB

Originally posted by MHS03

Dont crack on someone for supporting there team.

No once cracked on anyone for supporting their team. However, if you say everyone on our team is capable of being all state then you can expect some challenges coming your way.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When it comes to Bell/Middlesboro, Middlesboro always has a story. Either Roark complains about refs, injuries, the cheerleaders (lol), every year it's something. Will there ever be a day when Middlesboro says "The better team one", instead of Bell was good tonight, but if we play 'em tonight we'll beat 'em. Bell has dominated this matchup over the years and Middlesboro knows that. I dont think it would be any different later on in the year, but Middlesboro has the same amount of time to prepare for Bell as Bell does for Middlesboro, Middlesboro gets to use 11 players on the field, and they have a coach so they have no excuses. Middlesboro has a whale of team, but no matter who they lose to it was their fault, it wasn't a better team that beat them. Middlesboro may have more superstars so to speak, but superstars dont win championships, teams win championships. I dont think anyone from Middlesboro did anything against Bells defense and i dont think we're that good of team as we thought. Bell is prolly a top ten 3A team, but not up there with Boyle and PT and a few others. Middlesboro is a big contender for 2A and i hope they win it. It's just the same year in and year out from Middlesboro when it comes to the Bell game. So i guess the excuse this year was supposedly Middlesboro coaches wanted to come to Bell, maybe in 10 or 15 years Middlesboro will run out of excuses, but not likely.

If Jeff Drees isn't at least honorable mention this year, then something in the system is flawed.

The kid is having an amazing year, and has carried the offense as far as he can. I believe vs. Oldham County he caught 13 passes.

Bramblett (Oldham Co.) is the best RB in KY that I have seen. I'd take Bradley Glathaar (Cincy Elder) over Bramblett, but a lot of that could be the line that is blocking for him as well.

I think you tell it like it is!

Here are some from the Eastern part of the state:

Ledger-Rockcastle

Stradley-Corbin

Robbins-Bell

Belcher-Southwestern

Lawson-Corbin

Lofton - Mason

There are some good QBs in the east, but its like HDE says Brohm and Cantwell have those spots locked up. ( I think the East has #'s when talking about good QBs)

Draughn-Pulaski

Tucker-Somerset

Holland-PCC

Sizemore-Hazard

Grutza-Mason

Running backs seem to be in Central Ky.

Turner-Danville

Dunn-Harrodsburg

Pennix - Danville

Nik Blair from North Laurel should definitely get considered. He has lead his team by rushing for almost 180 yards a game. With great quickness and heart, he deserves it. If you haven't watched him play yet, you need to.

I would probably take from Eastern Part of Ky.

RB Jarrod Lawson-Corbin

RB Nic Blair-North Laurel

RB Doug Howard-Belfry

DB Jamerson-Prestonsburg

QB Sizemore-Hazard

QB Andy Greer-Williamsburg

QB Cole Draughn-Pulaski Co.

LB Mike Idol-Middlesboro

LB Jarrod Lawson-Corbin

LB Brent Barton-Bell Co.

DL Leger-Rockcastle Co.

DL Stradley-Corbin

DL Jacob Warren-Bell co.

Others that are deserving:

RB Jake Napier-Cawood

RB Shawn Robbins-Bell Co.

RB Blake Allen-Middlesboro

RB Mertaugh?-Whitesburg

(An abundance of RB's in the moutains this year).

I would not trade Johnathan Denham for any running back in the state. The only reason he isn't on everyone's mind is because the Maroons don't style their offense around him. I look for him to announce his presence with authority Friday night against Boyle.

Originally posted by BMOC22

I would probably take from Eastern Part of Ky.

RB Jarrod Lawson-Corbin

RB Nic Blair-North Laurel

RB Doug Howard-Belfry

DB Jamerson-Prestonsburg

QB Sizemore-Hazard

QB Andy Greer-Williamsburg

QB Cole Draughn-Pulaski Co.

LB Mike Idol-Middlesboro

LB Jarrod Lawson-Corbin

LB Brent Barton-Bell Co.

DL Leger-Rockcastle Co.

DL Stradley-Corbin

DL Jacob Warren-Bell co.

Others that are deserving:

RB Jake Napier-Cawood

RB Shawn Robbins-Bell Co.

RB Blake Allen-Middlesboro

RB Mertaugh?-Whitesburg

(An abundance of RB's in the moutains this year).

This would be one scary team!!!

I think it's a whale of team, i tried not to have any bias at all. I know there are three kids from Bell on there. Honestly i couldn't think of any other DB's or S, because i haven't gotten to watch as much football this year as i would like, so i know i left some really good players off, and on the DL too. I know there are prolly some really good DL men i just dont know enough about most of the teams. I thought this team would be tough though.

BMOC, I think you did an excellent job on a regional level...better than most of us are capable of doing!!:thumb: :thumb: As a guy who tries to learn all he can about goings on all over, and tries to learn about the better players across the Commonwealth, I depend on guys like you to keep me informed and open my eyes!!

No, no...thank YOU!!!:D:cool:

I've got to try to think of some others myself. I know of one Calloway Co LB who is an absolute HORSE!! Can't think of his name right now, but I need to find it! And I remember Chris Fountain, LB, Paducah Tilghman, when he played against BGHS at Donaldson Stadium/Beard Field two years ago in the second round of the 3A Region One Playoffs. He's super quick and hits a ton!! And that was when he was a soph when I saw him!!:eek:

Thanks Purple Haze,

It's hard to cover Eastern Kentucky, just as it is for everyone around other parts of Kentucky. You have so many teams in Eastern Kentucky, with alot of deserving players, i'm from Southeastern Kentucky so naturally i hear more about Bell, Middlesboro, Corbin, South and North. When we start talking about Ashland, Lawrence, Sheldon Clark, Prestonsburg, and so on it's hard for me to see these kids to make a better list. Those names i had we're guys i either saw on TV and were impressed with, watched in person, or heard about on WYMT. I wish i could put together a more complete list, but the one i made is alright considering the knowledge i have of EKY football this season.

When picking All-State you have to think how the writers think. Now I'm only going to choose a player from my team, because I haven't seen enough of other players. All-State voters, or AP, or whatever, are going to look at players from good teams, unfairly maybe, but obviously. Secondly, they are going to look at players that had big games against big teams. Since NewCath has only played one huge game, and he had 300 yards (which is impressive, no matter who is on the field and we're not opening this discussion here) with 12 tackles against Beechwood and 170 yards against Holy Cross, I have to go with Kevin Smith from NewCath. I don't know where he'll be, but he has to be at least an All-State nominee. Not bad ratio, two Smith brothers, two All-Staters, and two more coming through the ranks. The old man may not be the best softball pitcher in the world:D, just kiddin bud, but the kids have talent.