Walton Verona 46 Henry County 44

This is from the KY post today. I was just looking at it.

WALTON-VERONA 46, HENRY COUNTY 44 - Henry County controlled the ball for the final six seconds, but was unable to get a shot off before the buzzer.

WALTON-VERONA 14 12 10 10 -46

at HENRY CO. 8 5 17 14 -44

WALTON-VERONA (46): Hargett 4 2 10, Heeger 1 2 4, Krahl 1 2 4, Garcia 6 0 12, Bowling 7 2 16. Totals 19 8 46.

HENRY COUNTY (44): Dewitt 5 3 13, Pryor 4 2 11, Mings 4 4 12, Kellogg 0 1 1, Erridge 0 1 1, Amburgey 0 2 2, Crawford 1 0 2, Raisor 1 0 2. Totals 15 13 44.

3-pointers: HC -Pryor. Records: Walton-Verona 11-11, Henry County 4-17.

Looks to me like all of Walton played. Strong game played by Henry County on their floor.

It was 26-13 at the half, then Henry outscored Walton 31-20 in the second half.

Very interesting:rolleyes:

Gallatin County is next on Monday. Should be a great game. You know where you can hear it!!

I don't know..losing our D1 player is going to take quite a bit of our scoring ability..

However, I look for "Girdy" to really be a major player next year. The Wildcats have had a lot of injuries but keep fighting back, that shows they know how to play as a team.

Do they have a lot of Seniors?

I have been seriously impressed also..

Just a junior and one heck of a team player.. you should hear how she encourages the younger players.

You guys have a couple of Lady Raiders that we are going to be challenged to defend next year also.!

I was really thinking that Walton was going to have better than a 500 season. They basically have the same team as they did last year but they don't seem nearly as strong.

They did bring in a new coach this year and things just do not seem to be the same, the whole chemistry seems to be different.