Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky Wildcats 2026-2027

2026-2027 Kentucky Basketball 15 members have voted

  1. 1. Where do you see the Cats 2026-2027 Season Ending?

    • National Championship
      6%
    • Final 4
      0%
      0
    • Elite 8
      6%
    • Sweet 16
      33%
    • NCAA 2nd Round
      40%
    • NCAA 1st Round
      6%
    • N.I.T or College Basketball Crown Tournaments
      0%
      0
    • Losing record (No Postseason)
      6%

Poll closes on 11/02/2026 at 11:02 PM

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

1 hour ago, futurecoach said:

 

Which Mark Pope yesterday on his end of the year radio show, came in with numbers ready to try to defend that the program is progressing. He talked about how his winning percentage in his two years here, is higher than the winning percentage the 4 years before he got here. He mentioned how they have won more SEC tournament games, and NCAA tournament games. Which is great, and all are facts, and I definitely see why he wanted to come in with these numbers. This is a tough fan base, and so he wants to try to get some positivity going. 

 

I didn't listen, just going by your post here. But assuming he said all this, what a bizarre thing for a head coach to say. He has had multiple odd encounters with the media. 

  • Replies 97
  • Views 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • gchs_uk9
    gchs_uk9

    JD, I'm a social studies teacher, not math!

  • Jumper_Dad
    Jumper_Dad

    I hope UK strikes fast in the portal and gets commitments locked down quickly. I don't want to be looking up in 5 weeks and wondering who's on the team.

  • theguru
    theguru

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, bugatti said:

I didn't listen, just going by your post here. But assuming he said all this, what a bizarre thing for a head coach to say. He has had multiple odd encounters with the media. 

Agree and not what I want from any of "my" coaches. 

1 hour ago, theguru said:

Agree and not what I want from any of "my" coaches. 

 

1 hour ago, bugatti said:

I didn't listen, just going by your post here. But assuming he said all this, what a bizarre thing for a head coach to say. He has had multiple odd encounters with the media. 

Here is the interview where he said these things. Also talked about the injuries and tough schedule. 
 

 

I really want Pope to work out at UK.  I really like him but coaching today with the portal and NIL has really changed college basketball.  Paying JQ all that NIL money and what they got for it IMO was all on Pope.   I think the team chemistry was bad this past season.  Rumors had it a couple of players got in a fight before the Louisville game.  UK has some good wins but it was the BAD LOSSES like Louisville, North Carolina,  Michigan State, Gonzaga, Florida, Iowa State and coming out slow every week that was disappointing.    

With UNC getting rid of their coach. If UNC’s center Henri Veesar were to enter the portal. He needs to be one of Popes main targets to go along with point guard. Henry is 7 foot and 235 pounds. He averaged 17 points and 8 rebounds a game. He can also shoot the three as he shot 94 threes this year and made 42% of them. Pope needs his bigs to be able to spread the floor and shoot, which he didn’t have this year. 
 

Also Mingo who is UNC top recruit for next year is a 6 foot 5 pg.  He is another one Pope should really go after if he decides not to go to UNC. Get Mingo and Lowe and start them together in the back court.  

On 3/24/2026 at 1:18 PM, futurecoach said:

 

Here is the interview where he said these things. Also talked about the injuries and tough schedule. 
 

 

We had to know Calipari would have some kind of response to the comment Mark Pope had the other night. Calipari in his post game presser last night after the loss, talked about the state of college basketball teams right now. Which he definitely took a little shot back at Mark Pope in his comments, without actually saying his name. 

This could be the start of a nice little heated rivalry now between coaches, after both coaches up until Mark Pope's comments the other night had always been very complimentary of each other. 

 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/other/arkansas-john-calipari-takes-subtle-recruiting-dig-at-kentucky-in-response-to-mark-pope/ar-AA1ZwZhH

11 minutes ago, futurecoach said:

We had to know Calipari would have some kind of response to the comment Mark Pope had the other night. Calipari in his post game presser last night after the loss, talked about the state of college basketball teams right now. Which he definitely took a little shot back at Mark Pope in his comments, without actually saying his name. 

This could be the start of a nice little heated rivalry now between coaches, after both coaches up until Mark Pope's comments the other night had always been very complimentary of each other. 

 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/other/arkansas-john-calipari-takes-subtle-recruiting-dig-at-kentucky-in-response-to-mark-pope/ar-AA1ZwZhH

I know people were saying it as a shot at Pope, and maybe it was, but that's pretty tame as he is speaking in generalities about the state of play. And I can't say that I would totally blame for Cal for responding. 

The more I've thought about Pope's quote, the more it frustrates me. Basically, he was saying, "Cut me a break because things are so much tougher now." 

5 minutes ago, bugatti said:

I know people were saying it as a shot at Pope, and maybe it was, but that's pretty tame as he is speaking in generalities about the state of play. And I can't say that I would totally blame for Cal for responding. 

The more I've thought about Pope's quote, the more it frustrates me. Basically, he was saying, "Cut me a break because things are so much tougher now." 

It was more of a classic Cal response, with just a little subtle jab without referencing Pope by name. Which Cal has always been really good at those little subtle jabs lol. I think it was more just to let Pope know, yeah I heard your comments. 

Also I agree, those comments by Pope weren't a good look. I get it, he is probably a little beaten down right now, as this fanbase is tough. So he was trying to put things in a positive light. However, he knew that about this job when he took it, and just wasn't a good look.  

15 minutes ago, MaddenCurse44 said:

Calipari couldn't get past the first round with UK.

Except for, you know, those many many times he did. 

(I know what you mean, but I couldn't resist.)

41 minutes ago, MaddenCurse44 said:

Calipari couldn't get past the first round with UK.

A lot of people seem to forget that even Coach K had a similar type of bad run as Calipari. In 2012 and 2014 Coach K lost in the the first round to a 14 and 15 seed just like Cal. Coach K also had a losing record during the covid year. Quite simply though, the UK fanbase truly does make this job a 10 year at most type of job. I know most like to think great things would have continued with Pitino if he never left. However, I think we would have seen a similar type of turn with fans wanting him out too, if he had stayed. However, he left before he got to the 10 year mark. 

I hope UK strikes fast in the portal and gets commitments locked down quickly. I don't want to be looking up in 5 weeks and wondering who's on the team.

  • Author

Kentucky and Gonzaga announced today they were cancelling their current contract which had two more years reamaining.

The two schools made a joint announcement Wednesday that said the move was made "to allow each program freedom to re-evaluate future scheduling priorities, including conference obligations and nonconference opportunities."

43 minutes ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

Kentucky and Gonzaga announced today they were cancelling their current contract which had two more years reamaining.

The two schools made a joint announcement Wednesday that said the move was made "to allow each program freedom to re-evaluate future scheduling priorities, including conference obligations and nonconference opportunities."

Interesting, wonder what was behind this agreement?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.