Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Open Job: Male

Featured Replies

5 hours ago, Hungover_in_Andover said:

The resources are the JCPS pool of talent that would be flowing into Male. I didn’t say FACILITIES.

Male is a traditional school that used to only get kids from the three traditional middle schools in the city Barrett, Johnson, and JCTMS. Now they get all of Barrett and I believe JCTMS students that live on a certain side of the city. Johnson and the other JCTMS students will attend Butler, the other traditional high school in Louisville. The talent flowing into Male isn’t fully in your control being the HC.

  • Replies 105
  • Views 16.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Found this out today....  Chris Wolfe Brian Weinrich Jeff Walz (U of L women's coach) were all in the same homeroom at Highlands HS. 

  • JCPS just finally got around to getting Male turf for their field and their school's operating in a second-hand building. They don't broadcast their own games because they don't have internet out in t

  • That would be sad for Male to move to 5A JCPS is an unmitigated disaster in all aspects. But this is a subject for another day.

Posted Images

Why would Brandon Smith leave a 6A that has never won a 6A title to go to another 6A school? It would be a lateral move at best in my opinion. Both schools will still have to beat Trinity and X to win the whole thing any way, may as well stay where seemingly you can get that far more often than not.

What I find interesting is Wolfe didn’t coach for two seasons before he got the Male job. He was at Wagner then two seasons off and then Male. He replaced Redman?

Considering how a number of the traditional football job opening threads go on here if something similar happened today people might lose their minds lol. 

33 minutes ago, barrel said:

What I find interesting is Wolfe didn’t coach for two seasons before he got the Male job. He was at Wagner then two seasons off and then Male. He replaced Redman?

Considering how a number of the traditional football job opening threads go on here if something similar happened today people might lose their minds lol. 

Was thinking the same thing.  

1 minute ago, BEChargers said:

Was thinking the same thing.  

I am thinking there are tons of educators that temporarily leave the profession only to find they miss the classroom and locker room far more than they ever expected.

17 hours ago, Tigerpride94 said:

Or maybe Highlands?

Highlands passed him by previously. 

7 hours ago, Flight0051 said:

Male is a traditional school that used to only get kids from the three traditional middle schools in the city Barrett, Johnson, and JCTMS. Now they get all of Barrett and I believe JCTMS students that live on a certain side of the city. Johnson and the other JCTMS students will attend Butler, the other traditional high school in Louisville. The talent flowing into Male isn’t fully in your control being the HC.

Male is getting most of the better student-athletes from ALL traditional feeder middle schools. Look at Butler's recent lack of success. Wolfe figured it out in Jefferson County. I truly feel with the relatively new administration at St. Xavier, Wolfe is their leading candidate. Like Wallace, no teaching responsibilities, only hand shaking and fund raising.....I was told by Baisch relative, he does not want to be head coach of his Alma Mater.

2 hours ago, Oldercoach said:

I am thinking there are tons of educators that temporarily leave the profession only to find they miss the classroom and locker room far more than they ever expected.

That was not the point I was making.  I was wondering about him getting the Male job after a 17-16 record at PRP, then not being a head coach, then getting a job of that quality.  He can obviously coach with a winning record against Trinity and St. X while at Male.  Wondering if he went from PRP to an assistant at Male for those two years.  

2 hours ago, Oldercoach said:

I am thinking there are tons of educators that temporarily leave the profession only to find they miss the classroom and locker room far more than they ever expected.

It’s not that he took time off.
 

What would the fans of Highlands, Beechwood, Boyle, Corbin, Cov Cath, CAL, Mayfield, Trinity or St X say in threads if their school hired a HC that had not been coaching for the past two years and before that had been the HC of mid level school with decent results. On top of following the schools most successful coach that brought Male to be part of the big 3  

The comment was much more about fans and their perception of coaches and who should get the job/be the right fit. Fans feeling like they understand the game better than they do. 
 

Male made the correction choice and I applaud them for making the choice. It was a choice on paper (before his run at Male) that many would not of made. A decision that many fans and posters now would question. 

If I am Male, I go get Tommy Williams...One of the best in the city, has done great in JCPS and gets a ton from the kids...He's been incredible for Zane Johnson this year at Trinity

Have heard they also might reach out to Michael Bush, but not sure if he can coach and not teach? 

14 hours ago, 9068 said:

Why leave Boyle? As I understand his wife is a physician. The Danville area may be a place they enjoy more than a big city.

Because coaches are competitors and winning 5 titles in 6 years at 4A (if Boyle wins again this year) with a chance to go compete with Male against better competition might be appealing.

Not saying I think he’d be interested, just asking a question. 

2 hours ago, BEChargers said:

That was not the point I was making.  I was wondering about him getting the Male job after a 17-16 record at PRP, then not being a head coach, then getting a job of that quality.  He can obviously coach with a winning record against Trinity and St. X while at Male.  Wondering if he went from PRP to an assistant at Male for those two years.  

I believe Chris left education and coaching to work in his wife's family's restaurant business, but returned to education.

4 hours ago, thsrocks said:

Male is getting most of the better student-athletes from ALL traditional feeder middle schools.

THIS!

44 minutes ago, 9068 said:

I believe Chris left education and coaching to work in his wife's family's restaurant business, but returned to education.

That restaurant business is no more. Boombazz restaurants elected to non-renew franchise rights of the Shouse/Wolfe restaurants and take over corporate ownership of the locations.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.