Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Open Job: Male

Featured Replies

  • Replies 105
  • Views 16.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Found this out today....  Chris Wolfe Brian Weinrich Jeff Walz (U of L women's coach) were all in the same homeroom at Highlands HS. 

  • JCPS just finally got around to getting Male turf for their field and their school's operating in a second-hand building. They don't broadcast their own games because they don't have internet out in t

  • That would be sad for Male to move to 5A JCPS is an unmitigated disaster in all aspects. But this is a subject for another day.

Posted Images

I’m hearing an announcement is expected this afternoon. Maybe 2:30 pm.

Do they go in house and hire Marc Clark?

7 minutes ago, Phoenix Kid said:

Do they go in house and hire Marc Clark?

I would be shocked.  I would think his track record as an HC hasn't been up to the standards of Male.  I understand his stops are not on the same level and McCracken has not been great since he left, but who knows.

My top two guesses would be Clark or the Manual HC. 

12 minutes ago, Mr. Giggles said:

I would be shocked.  I would think his track record as an HC hasn't been up to the standards of Male.  I understand his stops are not on the same level and McCracken has not been great since he left, but who knows.

Yeah not sure either definitely curious to see what they do for sure.  

On 11/25/2025 at 2:57 PM, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Career Head Coaching Record: 245-95

1997: Hancock County (7-4)
1998: Hancock County (10-3) 2A Quarterfinalist
1999: Waggener (8-4)
2000: Waggener (10-4) 3A Semifinalist
2001: Waggener (3-7)
2002: Waggener (6-5)
2003: Waggener (9-3)
2004: Waggener (10-2)
2005: Pleasure Ridge Park (6-5)
2006: Pleasure Ridge Park (7-4)
2007: Pleasure Ridge Park (4-7)
2008: Did Not Coach
2009: Did Not Coach
2010: Male (11-4) 6A Runners-Up
2011: Male (4-8)
2012: Male (6-6)
2013: Male (12-2) 6A Semifinalist
2014: Male (11-1)
2015: Male (15-0) 6A Champions
2016: Male (10-3)
2017: Male (9-3)
2018: Male (14-1) 6A Champions
2019: Male (14-1) 6A Runners-Up
2020: Male (8-2) 6A Runners-Up
2021: Male (13-1) 6A Runners-Up
2022: Male (10-5) 6A Runners-Up
2023: Male (11-2) 6A Quarterfinalist
2024: Male (9-3)
2025: Male (8-5) 6A Quarterfinalist

46 minutes ago, Phoenix Kid said:

Do they go in house and hire Marc Clark?

37 minutes ago, Mr. Giggles said:

I would be shocked.  I would think his track record as an HC hasn't been up to the standards of Male.  I understand his stops are not on the same level and McCracken has not been great since he left, but who knows.

I've got Wolfe's head coaching record prior to Male included in my quoted post at the top. His head coaching stops at Hancock County and Waggener certainly aren't up to snuff with the Male job. You could make the argument that as a 6A program in JCPS, the job at PRP is "on the same level" as Male, but I think if you take a look at the talent level that has historically been at Male and the success over the history of the program, you could VERY easily make the argument that PRP is most definitely "on the same level" as Male, as you said.

Then looking at the first 10 seasons at Waggener following Wolfe's departure, the Wildcats ended up going 21-88, losing 81% of the football games they've played versus 46-25 in the 6 seasons under Wolfe when they only lost 35% of their games...I'd say that safely fits under the description of "not that great since he left."

Friend of mine in-the-know says to be looking for Coach Porter, their DC I believe, to be the internal hire. I’ve also heard Eckloff name but highly doubt it. Coach Porter was also a finalist for Central. 

50 minutes ago, Mr. Giggles said:

I would be shocked.  I would think his track record as an HC hasn't been up to the standards of Male.  I understand his stops are not on the same level and McCracken has not been great since he left, but who knows.

I understand what you are saying, and I am not familiar with him as a Head Coach, but I wouldn’t be too quick to judge someone based on their stops or situations.  If you look at the last two coaches at a school like Bowling Green.  Kevin Wallace and Mark Spader who have had tremendous careers, but their coaching stints at Warren East were not stellar, but both are considered among the best as coaches.

I’m by no means comparing anyone to these guys but there are a ton of good coaches around the state that their records may not indicate being up to snuff with a program’s perceived standard.

27 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

I've got Wolfe's head coaching record prior to Male included in my quoted post at the top. His head coaching stops at Hancock County and Waggener certainly aren't up to snuff with the Male job. You could make the argument that as a 6A program in JCPS, the job at PRP is "on the same level" as Male, but I think if you take a look at the talent level that has historically been at Male and the success over the history of the program, you could VERY easily make the argument that PRP is most definitely "on the same level" as Male, as you said.

Then looking at the first 10 seasons at Waggener following Wolfe's departure, the Wildcats ended up going 21-88, losing 81% of the football games they've played versus 46-25 in the 6 seasons under Wolfe when they only lost 35% of their games...I'd say that safely fits under the description of "not that great since he left."

Great perspective and I would agree that would be a not that great since he left record at Waggener.  I like Coach Clark and think he would be a fine hire, I guess Wolfe has done such a great job of winning at Male that my expectations of Male is different.  However, with the right kids and coach they could continue their success. 

4 minutes ago, Spark2 said:

I understand what you are saying, and I am not familiar with him as a Head Coach, but I wouldn’t be too quick to judge someone based on their stops or situations.  If you look at the last two coaches at a school like Bowling Green.  Kevin Wallace and Mark Spader who have had tremendous careers, but their coaching stints at Warren East were not stellar, but both are considered among the best as coaches.

I’m by no means comparing anyone to these guys but there are a ton of good coaches around the state that their records may not indicate being up to snuff with a program’s perceived standard.

Great point.  A good coach and the right players is always a recipe for success.  I guess we will find out soon if the Male Bulldogs continue to be a 6A contender and top JCPS football school. 

Have a very credible source that Eckloff didn’t apply for the Male job nor had any discussions with the school. He will be back at Manual trying to get them over the humpp. I think Porter may have been front runner for the Central job and he has decided on Male. We will find out soon!

1 hour ago, Spark2 said:

I understand what you are saying, and I am not familiar with him as a Head Coach, but I wouldn’t be too quick to judge someone based on their stops or situations.  If you look at the last two coaches at a school like Bowling Green.  Kevin Wallace and Mark Spader who have had tremendous careers, but their coaching stints at Warren East were not stellar, but both are considered among the best as coaches.

I’m by no means comparing anyone to these guys but there are a ton of good coaches around the state that their records may not indicate being up to snuff with a program’s perceived standard.

Demarcus Ganaway at Owensboro, year 1 nonethless, further proof.  I've never met the man in my life, but I know (per the O'Boro Thread & from some with more ties to that area) there was a great deal of doubt solely based off his W/L record at.....Ohio County.

To which my response was....forget the years that WEREN'T good, look at the one that was. That'll tell you so much more.

...then here the Red Devils go and win the program's 1st state title in 40 years

As Coach Wolfe said himself on Coach Buchanan and Coach Smith's podcast, "There are a lot more good coaches in this state than there are programs." (personally, I think he was being overly polite, towards the masses of programs,  in that statement).

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.