Everything posted by Mr. Giggles
-
Ja'Hyde Brown - Mr. Football Conversation
My vote would go to this young man too. I have seen Ja'Hyde Brown, Seneca Driver and Timmy Emongo all in person this year and other than Drivers crazy size, the best player IMO is easily Ja'Hyde. He is explosive and his route running is as good as any kid that I have ever seen in my life.
-
Ja'Hyde Brown - Mr. Football Conversation
Committed to Louisville.
-
Boyle County 42 Saint Xavier 13
I think this will be a good game and I can see either team winning this game. I will go with Boyle in a close one 22-21. I wonder if the poor sportsmanship and behavior from Driver has hurt his chances of winning Mr. Football?
-
Barren County 29 Grayson County 14
Barren should win this by 2 or 3 scores. Grayson beat Greenwood, but this years Gwood team is not very good their lone win comes against a decent Warren East team, but by just 1 point.
-
Christian Academy of Louisville 70 Bowling Green 21
Here is the link to the Sporting Times broadcast of the game. https://stfanclub.com/watch-live/?bfplayvid=4122901
-
Christian Academy of Louisville 70 Bowling Green 21
I would agree.
-
Owensboro 50 Apollo 7
Can it really be true though? A broken collar bone healed and ready for contact in 4 weeks seems a bit early. I would not be surprised if this was week 7 or 8, but this seems a bit early.
-
Scott County 71 Collins 60
This game is a very interesting one to me. I think the Cards win, but Collins just needs to get one or two stops. I do not see SC being able to stop Goodin and the passing attack Friday night.
-
Christian Academy of Louisville 70 Bowling Green 21
Without a doubt!!!!
-
Christian Academy of Louisville 70 Bowling Green 21
I would love for that to happen!!!!
-
BluegrassPreps.com Class 5A Football Rankings 9/14
Thanks for sharing. I am always fascinated by our states history. Good luck to the Yellowjackets and I hope they stay healthy and make it far this season.
-
BluegrassPreps.com Class 5A Football Rankings 9/14
- BluegrassPreps.com Class 5A Football Rankings 9/14
Did you or a family member go to Versailles High? This is really neat and I love old school pictures like this. Thanks for sharing.- BluegrassPreps.com Class 5A Football Rankings 9/14
They have never won a state championship, losing in their only appearance in 1969, and have only played in 4 state semifinals ('78, '83, '21, and '25) losing in all four. Not sure they are always a problem. They are a good team most years, but I would not think that Scott or Pulaski are worried about them......- Is CAL the best “small school” team in Ky HS Football history?
Trinity would beat CAL 10 out of 10 times and by double digits each time. CAL is great, but Trinity is playing on a different level this season.- Is CAL the best “small school” team in Ky HS Football history?
I understand now. I thought you were referring to all time. I would say there is a legitimate argument that this may be the best team in 3A or below since the 6 class system began. I can not thing of a particular team, but it would likely come from the two I mentioned.- Tennessee Private Schools leaving the TSSAA
This is exactly where my thoughts went when I read "non-sanctioned" schools.- Is CAL the best “small school” team in Ky HS Football history?
Best small school in KY history? I mean as of right now they are the best, but I would say teams like Beechwood and Mayfield would have an argument for best all time small schools.- South Warren 49 Bowling Green 17
Everyone hating on the BG defense as if they are the worst defense in KY football right now. They are young no doubt, but a lot of teams are struggling to stop X's offense and name a team that is going to slow down Scott County's offense with Emongo and company that is not named Trinity. I still believe that if O and X played again, X is winning by 2 scores. At the end of the day the BG defense is coached by the same defensive staff that dominated teams for three straight seasons going 2-1 in the 5A state championship. Injuries and youth hurt BG last season and now with a slew of sophomores who's first four games are Bullitt East, X, Scott Co., and SW. I truly think they will figure things out and be a team that is ready for a deep playoff run. Can BG win against SW Friday? Absolutely. Can they get beat by SW Friday? Without a doubt. I think this will be a great game and a dog fight that helps both teams grow. I will go BG in a very close and hard fought battle.- Scott County 51 Bowling Green 44
The OG Rafferty's is good, Double Dogs is a great spot for wings and the coldest beer you'll ever drink, Pub by Novo is close, Griff's Deli is across the street. There are a lot of good restaurants in BG.- Scott County 51 Bowling Green 44
Sporting times will have their broadcast https://stfanclub.com/watch-live/- Kentucky High School Football's "Games of the Century"
There have been quite a few South Warren vs. BG games that come to mind. Especially when South was in 5A and a State Title was on the line. The one that comes to mind the most was in 2023 when BG and South went back and forth the whole game. Under 30 seconds left in the game, South converts a 2 pt conversion to go up 1. BG would then have a solid return on the ensuing kick off before running Hitch Pitch to win the game. BG would go on to win the 5A state title that season. The first of their back to back Titles.- St. Xavier 39 Bowling Green 10
The X team that played last night is beating the Owensboro team they played in week 1. As someone that watched the entirety of both games it X was a completely different version of themselves. In this game X executed at a high level, had a few calls go their way, and their defense is good. They only gave up 10 to OHS, which is the same amount of points they gave up in this one. BG is young and is well coached, despite what you may believe. This is the same staff minus a coach or two that took them to 4 state titles in the span of 6 seasons winning 3 of those. BG may not win it all this year, but they will likely be a team no one wants to see come playoff time.- Greenwood 15 Warren East 14
I think Coach Adams gets his first career win as a head coach here winning 28-14.- St. Xavier 39 Bowling Green 10
Great rule and parenting. Last year Owensboro got smoked in its first two games of the season to X and CAL. That did not stop them, they learned and grew throughout the year. This lead them to their first state title in 30 years! Just have to stick it out and find a way to push through and you'll always come out better than before. - BluegrassPreps.com Class 5A Football Rankings 9/14