Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2007 Highlands

Featured Replies

Any word on HHS schedule for 2007. Been reading that the Herbstreit Classic is all but folded. If so who will HHS play in that spot. Will they try to pick Colerein back up since that was who they originally scheduled? What about Centerville?

  • Replies 160
  • Views 13.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder why the Birds never try to play teams like Turpin or Indian Hill??? These teams are the same size or even a little bigger. It seems like they will only play DI schools fom Ohio. Personally I would like to play a similar size school to see how they would stack up...:thumb:

  • Author
I wonder why the Birds never try to play teams like Turpin or Indian Hill??? These teams are the same size or even a little bigger. It seems like they will only play DI schools fom Ohio. Personally I would like to play a similar size school to see how they would stack up...:thumb:

 

Because the only teams that will play you from Ohio are the ones that are pretty sure they will beat you. Otherwise, it makes no sense for them to play you and Highlands would be a very dangerous game for either Turpin or Indian Hill.

I'd rather keep knocking heads with the big boys to see if maybe we can knock them off one day. I'm not too interested in how we match up with similar size Ohio schools.

Because the only teams that will play you from Ohio are the ones that are pretty sure they will beat you. Otherwise, it makes no sense for them to play you and Highlands would be a very dangerous game for either Turpin or Indian Hill.

I would rather be barking up Indian Hills tree rather than picking a fight with Elder and Colerain just to see how we would do!!!

  • Author
I would rather be barking up Indian Hills tree rather than picking a fight with Elder and Colerain just to see how we would do!!!

 

I agree but from a Harbin standpoint it just doesn't make sense for IH.

I wonder why the Birds never try to play teams like Turpin or Indian Hill??? These teams are the same size or even a little bigger. It seems like they will only play DI schools fom Ohio. Personally I would like to play a similar size school to see how they would stack up...:thumb:

Isn't Columbus Desales roughly the same size as Highlands?

Caught some practices this week: total # of kids looked kind of small??? Some key guys that are "non-spring sports" guys missing time. #33 looked VERY good carrying the ball...for a LB! (lol). Cecil getting ALL the quality minutes at QB. Guidugli & Bardo get split reps. Sparky Draper has gone to full time reciever and getting a look at the D backfield....finally! Ries & Dempsey look to be capable at the center position until Dowling heals. Hope they give LOTS of time/effort to punt returning.

I agree but from a Harbin standpoint it just doesn't make sense for IH.

Agreed!!

I would rather be barking up Indian Hills tree rather than picking a fight with Elder and Colerain just to see how we would do!!!

 

 

Wimp:p . And as the Ru pointed out teams like IH won't schedule us because of the Harbin effect, and if teams like IH won't schedule us, it doesn't matter what we want. For what its worth, I like the idea of playing the big boys every now and then. Besides our schedule is a lot weaker this year than it was last year. I like the idea of toughening it up some.

 

And I don't think we schedule the big boys just to "see how we would do". First if you ask the players on the team, they love the challenge of playing the big boys. Further, playing tough competition exposes the things that you must work on to try and correct.

Wimp:p . And as the Ru pointed out teams like IH won't schedule us because of the Harbin effect, and if teams like IH won't schedule us, it doesn't matter what we want. For what its worth, I like the idea of playing the big boys every now and then. Besides our schedule is a lot weaker this year than it was last year. I like the idea of toughening it up some.

 

And I don't think we schedule the big boys just to "see how we would do". First if you ask the players on the team, they love the challenge of playing the big boys. Further, playing tough competition exposes the things that you must work on to try and correct.

I figured i would get that response from the Ambassadore of Highlands Football.:D And who are you calling wimp!!!!:p

Zach Hurtt looked really good carrying the ball in the scrimmage. Alex Hempfling was his normal dominating self on the line. Luke Stein reminded me of when he was an 8th grader terrorizing the league. Clint Crawford did an excellent Jordan Kremer imitation. Lots of different looks for the film gurus. Young Bardo throws a very nice ball...and # 11 Colin Rosenhagen(?) made a lot of catches that upper classmen don't make! In a game where defense should dominate, they didn't. Credit good offensive execution. Going to be a mighty interesting year!

Zach Hurtt looked really good carrying the ball in the scrimmage. Alex Hempfling was his normal dominating self on the line. Luke Stein reminded me of when he was an 8th grader terrorizing the league. Clint Crawford did an excellent Jordan Kremer imitation. Lots of different looks for the film gurus. Young Bardo throws a very nice ball...and # 11 Colin Rosenhagen(?) made a lot of catches that upper classmen don't make! In a game where defense should dominate, they didn't. Credit good offensive execution. Going to be a mighty interesting year!

Where did they have Luke playing????

Zach Hurtt looked really good carrying the ball in the scrimmage. Alex Hempfling was his normal dominating self on the line. Luke Stein reminded me of when he was an 8th grader terrorizing the league. Clint Crawford did an excellent Jordan Kremer imitation. Lots of different looks for the film gurus. Young Bardo throws a very nice ball...and # 11 Colin Rosenhagen(?) made a lot of catches that upper classmen don't make! In a game where defense should dominate, they didn't. Credit good offensive execution. Going to be a mighty interesting year!

 

 

True, until you consider that they've spent almost zero time on defense so far in spring ball. Its been O, O and more O in practice.

 

RaiderBird, Luke played the o line and lber. Looked very good at both spots. With his size, strength and speed, he could be one of the finest o linemen Highlands has ever had.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.