Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2007 Highlands

Featured Replies

You know the situation and the program well. Do you mind if I ask if you are one of the coaches?

 

No, not one of the coaches, I have 3 Sons who have been throught the program. #2 is a Junior, and #3 is a Freshman, #1 Graduated 2 yrs ago.

 

I have spoken to Coach Douglass quite often, and know that he really works for his players to get them into school.

 

I am an active member of the Booster Club, so I am around the program "Happenings" quite a bit.

 

to be honest I was one of the people complaining and bickering until after my first son was going into his senior year, and saw and heard with my own ears what the coach was doing.

 

*** I must edit, I do coach a Youth team with the Wee Rams (3rd graders). So I am a Trotwood Coach I suppose. LOL But I am sure thats not what you meant.....LOL

  • Replies 160
  • Views 13.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Make it stop. It seems like every time I turn around, Trotwood has another "MAJOR" D1 player either transferring in or moving in.:scared: This will be a huge challenge for HHS. Hey Ram, where does Trotwood see themselves ranked pre-season with all this talent? Can't wait for this game because I would like to see how close HHS can keep it. Like to see if they are as good as Colerain was two years ago. That was the best Ohio team that I have seen play.

 

 

That Colerain team was VERY good, and there are many who are excited about this season. And what potentially could happen. however no one is counting their chickens so to speak.

 

Highlands will be a tough game for Trotwood. Great program, great tradition, etc. So for anyone to say Trotwood rolls them is crazy talk. Players have to play the game still.

 

On how the team will do, .... Ohio high Magazine, who runs http://www.jjhuddle.com , picked Trotwood to win the D2 State Championship this season. Last season they picked 3 or 4 of the winners, so take that for what its worth.

 

My thoughts are that they should go deep into the playoffs, but that depends on injuries, match-ups, and plain dumb luck.

 

I see them 8-2, 9-1, 10-0 tough games vs Northmont, Piqua, Highlands, and Marion Franklin

Make it stop. It seems like every time I turn around, Trotwood has another "MAJOR" D1 player either transferring in or moving in.:scared:

 

Well, I wont post when the others come in the next 2 weeks. there are 3 others I did not post, and there are about 3-5 more in the next 2 weeks that will be in school.

Not all are seniors, but the Dayton Public schools levy failed this year, and they cut almost all the sports in DPS. So there is an influx of those kids going to schools in the area, Trotwood seems to be getting the top kids, and Centerville is also getting a few as well.

 

To make matters even more weird is that the local Catholic schools are getting kids fleeing from there to go to public schools and thats how Shaw came back to Trotwood. there are 4 from Dayton Chaminade Julienne who are expected to enroll at Trotwood.

 

the private school kids have always lived in Trotwood. And the DPS district borders Trotwood's so kids are either living with relatives in Trotwood or moving.

Was that Clay Cecil, Highlands' QB I saw out running through town last night at 11:45pm? That kid truly wants to win a state championship this year. Most kids are hanging with their buddies or kicking it at home watching ESPN on a Saturday night at this time and this kid is out doing more conditioning. He must really be preparing to play both ways. : )

Was that Clay Cecil, Highlands' QB I saw out running through town last night at 11:45pm? That kid truly wants to win a state championship this year. Most kids are hanging with their buddies or kicking it at home watching ESPN on a Saturday night at this time and this kid is out doing more conditioning. He must really be preparing to play both ways. : )

Yes it was, i was coming home from the 915 and i said the exact same thing to one of my buddies driving me home. The kid is truly dedicated!!!!!:ylsuper:

Yes it was, i was coming home from the 915 and i said the exact same thing to one of my buddies driving me home. The kid is truly dedicated!!!!!:ylsuper:

 

He was running at 9:15 AND 11:45?

He was running at 9:15 AND 11:45?

 

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

 

915 is the name of the local resturant, 11:45 is when Cecil was out for his jog. I think he gets his dedication from his mom's side of the family. It sounds a little militaryish to me.:D

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

 

915 is the name of the local resturant, 11:45 is when Cecil was out for his jog. I think he gets his dedication from his mom's side of the family. It sounds a little militaryish to me.:D

 

Oops. Didn't read it closely enough.

 

Outstanding athlete. Good to hear he's a hard worker. Easy to root for a kid like that.

Oops. Didn't read it closely enough.

 

Outstanding athlete. Good to hear he's a hard worker. Easy to root for a kid like that.

 

915 Grill has great Burgers.....Wed night is the night by the way.... the beer is very cold as well.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

 

915 is the name of the local resturant, 11:45 is when Cecil was out for his jog. I think he gets his dedication from his mom's side of the family. It sounds a little militaryish to me.:D

 

His brother Drew, is a student at the Naval Academy. That might have something to do with it. ;)

His brother Drew, is a student at the Naval Academy. That might have something to do with it. ;)

 

Is Drew still playing lightweight football?

Is Drew still playing lightweight football?

 

Started at left tackle as a frosh and now going into his 3rd year of playing. I think the playing weight is 172lbs...

Is Drew still playing lightweight football?

 

Yes, I actually watched them on ESPN U not too long ago for their sprint football game against army. It was pretty neat.

Fighting a little insomnia tonight. So here is some info on a couple of kids we were asked to add to the site Got their names this evening emailed to us. to put on the website. http://www.twoodfootball.com

 

Keithsean Foster - TE/WR/DE 6'6.5" 230

 

Robert Green Jr. OL 6'5" 275

 

See you all in about 5 weeks.

 

I am going on a sales trip for work for the rest of the week, and then on a weeks vacation to Montego Bay.

Clay is a true leader!!! He remembers the good times of 2004 and wants to do everything he can to make this team a championship team. The senior class is a special group of kids that want another Championship Ring!!!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.