San Diego St 62 Air Force 41

Original Rookie

I mean how could you honestly take Air Force serious in the tourny???

Because they grind it out on offense, that offense has been known to give team fits, I wouldn't want to face them in round one. Are they a threat to win the title, no but they can win a game or two .

Agree completely. Air Force (and Butler) don't have the athletes to play with the big boys. While they are fundamentally solid, they are more similar to Gonzaga 6 years ago than to a Top 10 team. A darling (to steal Cshs' term) who could maybe win one game in the Tourney but that'd be it.

Don't over-use the "mid-major" term as a back-handed label. Southern Illinois is capable of beating anyone in America and is built for a deep run in March. Just because Air Force (and Butler) isn't, doesn't mean none of them are.

Don't over-use the "mid-major" term as a back-handed label. Southern Illinois is capable of beating anyone in America and is built for a deep run in March. Just because Air Force (and Butler) isn't, doesn't mean none of them are.

The Salukies are in the MVC, correct?

Agree completely. Air Force (and Butler) don't have the athletes to play with the big boys. While they are fundamentally solid, they are more similar to Gonzaga 6 years ago than to a Top 10 team. A darling (to steal Cshs' term) who could maybe win one game in the Tourney but that'd be it.

I agree w/ Air Force, but Butler?

Didn't they go on a four game streak that included Notre Dame, Indiana, Gonzaga, and North Carolina, all on neutral floors?

Didn't they go on a four game streak that included Notre Dame, Indiana, Gonzaga, and North Carolina, all on neutral floors?

It was Tennessee instead of UNC, but I agree. I actually think both Butler and Air Force are going to be teams that no one wants to face come tournament time.

Yes. I'll be shocked if they are playing come Week #2 of the Tourney. No, scratch that, not shocked....flabbergasted.

I'm putting a little less than zero stock in a win from November. Heck, WKU beat Georgia in Athens...have you seen their paths since? :cry: