Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2025 Owensboro Catholic Aces

Featured Replies

On 4/24/2025 at 8:56 AM, Subway5024 said:

I heard there were a couple others at OC they were looking at. No word yet!!

2 others? Carothers and who else? I just don't see 2 other players.

I knew you guys would be good but it's hard to believe there are 2 more big time D1 players when you guys had Brady, Vince, Dereon (Crowe), and Tutt. None of those guys got a look from D1 schools. Dereon did when he was at Owensboro, but it seemed like he was only getting looks from smaller schools when he got to Catholic. 

 

  • Replies 52
  • Views 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Subway5024
    Subway5024

    Well I have heard that scrimmages are PT and other is open still.  District changes so they have Ft knox, Hancock, and Mclean again.  I have heard the they are playing Bardstown, Meade county, Etown,

  • Kyfootballking
    Kyfootballking

    Definitely an upgrade in competition. How do you guys see this playing out? Aug 8 at South Warren (Scrimmage) Aug 16 at Paducah Tilghman (Scrimmage) Aug 23 vs. Bowling Green (WKU Rafferty's B

  • Purple88
    Purple88

    Just wanted all OCath Fans to know about this and general all Owensboro Fans especially @ApolloFan98@Brown and @Devils Fan. It's official.  The Rafferty's Bowl this year will be held at WKU due t

Posted Images

The Cats are calling for Carrico. This kid has a massive frame (6'7", 280 lbs) and was just a freshman last year. Tons of growth potential still on the table.

GpaoKIAXQAALeOH.thumb.jpeg.a76ffe92a7c338bc639736cf73be64bf.jpeg

Courtesy of X.

On 4/24/2025 at 9:41 AM, Subway5024 said:

IMG_4627.png

I didn't think that FBS schools could extend official offers until June 15th before the player's junior season. 

17 hours ago, Carl Spackler said:

I didn't think that FBS schools could extend official offers until June 15th before the player's junior season. 

My son is good friends with Hampton. He got after his freshman year and so did Jak Lindsay. Their dads basically said they are offers but “non committable” right now. It’s “hey we are going to offer but keep watching you to make sure you are developing.”

 

that's what I understood. 

2 hours ago, TimeWillTell said:

My son is good friends with Hampton. He got after his freshman year and so did Jak Lindsay. Their dads basically said they are offers but “non committable” right now. It’s “hey we are going to offer but keep watching you to make sure you are developing.”

 

that's what I understood. 

This is correct most of the offers that players are claiming are not committable offers.  They quickly turn into walk on opportunities or disappear completely depending on a players development.  

4 hours ago, TimeWillTell said:

My son is good friends with Hampton. He got after his freshman year and so did Jak Lindsay. Their dads basically said they are offers but “non committable” right now. It’s “hey we are going to offer but keep watching you to make sure you are developing.”

 

that's what I understood. 

Correct.  They can't extend "official committable" offers until August of the player's senior year.  Most offers that come sophomore, freshman or even 8th grade year (which is crazy) are non-committable and it is just "we're interested" and that's it.  Often times a player will get the "unofficial committable" offers by the end of their sophomore year or junior year and they'll announce their commitment, but technically the school can't officially offer yet, but will once August of senior year hits.  It's all kinds of jacked up the way things are now.

7 hours ago, Unrivaled97 said:

Correct.  They can't extend "official committable" offers until August of the player's senior year.  Most offers that come sophomore, freshman or even 8th grade year (which is crazy) are non-committable and it is just "we're interested" and that's it.  Often times a player will get the "unofficial committable" offers by the end of their sophomore year or junior year and they'll announce their commitment, but technically the school can't officially offer yet, but will once August of senior year hits.  It's all kinds of jacked up the way things are now.

Yes. I was pretty much told he can't commit to them. So, are they really offers??

12 hours ago, TimeWillTell said:

Yes. I was pretty much told he can't commit to them. So, are they really offers??

That's the million dollar question.  In all reality no they are not real offers until you get the official offer in the mail.

On 4/27/2025 at 2:33 PM, Carl Spackler said:

I didn't think that FBS schools could extend official offers until June 15th before the player's junior season. 

Most modern day offers are past "we are interested". The commitable part depends all on if the kid keeps progressing, if they don't land any transfer portal kids that play the same position, etc. If you get an offer as a young guy you better keep grinding because it may not mean anything by the time you graduate. 

2 hours ago, DearToday said:

Most modern day offers are past "we are interested". The commitable part depends all on if the kid keeps progressing, if they don't land any transfer portal kids that play the same position, etc. If you get an offer as a young guy you better keep grinding because it may not mean anything by the time you graduate. 

I player can choose to commit but the school does not have to honor that commitment because its not official.  let's say a schools TE position has 2 scholarships to give out for that recruiting class.  They go out and offer 15 TE unofficially.  If the 7th ranked TE they have offered decides to commit the school then has to decide if they was to accept the commitment or do they feel that they are going to land one or two of the 6 players they have ranked in front of them that is offered.  Its a very shady business these days and I wish they didn't offer anything until it could become official.       

11 minutes ago, zoneblitz24 said:

I player can choose to commit but the school does not have to honor that commitment because its not official.  let's say a schools TE position has 2 scholarships to give out for that recruiting class.  They go out and offer 15 TE unofficially.  If the 7th ranked TE they have offered decides to commit the school then has to decide if they was to accept the commitment or do they feel that they are going to land one or two of the 6 players they have ranked in front of them that is offered.  Its a very shady business these days and I wish they didn't offer anything until it could become official.       

It's called covering your butt.

30 minutes ago, zoneblitz24 said:

I player can choose to commit but the school does not have to honor that commitment because its not official.  let's say a schools TE position has 2 scholarships to give out for that recruiting class.  They go out and offer 15 TE unofficially.  If the 7th ranked TE they have offered decides to commit the school then has to decide if they was to accept the commitment or do they feel that they are going to land one or two of the 6 players they have ranked in front of them that is offered.  Its a very shady business these days and I wish they didn't offer anything until it could become official.       

It's not only that, but taking high school kids is becoming less and less of a priority.  You're competing against the transfer portal just as much, if not more, than you are against other high school kids for spots.  Rosters change drastically about every 4 months now, so the needs of the team change as well, meaning players are constantly in limbo.  Throw in the proposed roster limit cuts down to 105 for D1 football and it makes things even more uncertain.  I won't even start into the epidemic of assistant coaches changing jobs every year or two that affect recruits as well.  All the way around, it is very shady and simply sucks.  I went through it with my oldest son and he was lucky enough to be in the right place / time and get a full ride, D1 football scholarship, but it was stressful and an eye-opening experience from the beginning.  I'm getting ready to go through it with my middle son, but the approach will be much different.  Enjoy the game day visits in the fall, spring practice / game visits in the spring b/c they've earned those things with hard work.  However, take everything with a grain of salt, expect 99% recruiting to "fall through" or not come to fruition in one sense or another and most importantly, just focus on trying to be the best high school football player they can be for themselves and their team and whatever happens, happens.  I absolutely hate recruiting these days.

Now back to Owensboro Catholic....congrats to Carrico.  Hoping for a safe upcoming season and many more offers to come his way.

Just wanted all OCath Fans to know about this and general all Owensboro Fans especially @ApolloFan98@Brown and @Devils Fan.

It's official.  The Rafferty's Bowl this year will be held at WKU due to Stadium conflicts.  I think it's a great opportunity for BG to make it unique.

 

Can Bowling Green High School hold this game there logistically? I know as a Devil Fan they do not have a lot of parking and now you add Boyle Co fan base and a Owensboro Catholic fan base, not sure about Bulliett East but I know they have won a title recently and will have a huge following. 

41 minutes ago, TimeWillTell said:

Can Bowling Green High School hold this game there logistically? I know as a Devil Fan they do not have a lot of parking and now you add Boyle Co fan base and a Owensboro Catholic fan base, not sure about Bulliett East but I know they have won a title recently and will have a huge following. 

My answer to this would be yes, they can hold the game there logistically.  There are no more construction projects going on now.  The main parking lots are on the baseball field side and then also on the other side of the school that not all know about.  Plus, there is room for extra parking at Greenview Hospital just across the street.

Now I do think and promote the idea of a Rafferty's Food Truck and other food options and not just the new main concession stand area, but plenty of time to plan for that.

While the visitor side is not that large, the home side is and should be able to handle it, but I hope it is absolutely packed.  Just a one-year problem, I think.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.