Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2025 Owensboro Catholic Aces

Featured Replies

Brady Atwell is gone. That will be the biggest off-season story for the Aces. Dremail Carothers showed potential at the quarterback position when playing in Atwell’s absence or mop up time. But there is virtually no chance he can replicate Atwell’s performance. 
The dynamic Vince Carrico is also gone, a presence that steadied the Aces on both sides of the ball. Who steps up to fill his shoes?

The Aces made it all the way to the title game to fall short against Beechwood. Even with their roster losses they should be poised to make a deep run. Can they go undefeated in the regular season again? Can they make it back to the title game? Those are the big questions.

  • Replies 52
  • Views 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Subway5024
    Subway5024

    Well I have heard that scrimmages are PT and other is open still.  District changes so they have Ft knox, Hancock, and Mclean again.  I have heard the they are playing Bardstown, Meade county, Etown,

  • Kyfootballking
    Kyfootballking

    Definitely an upgrade in competition. How do you guys see this playing out? Aug 8 at South Warren (Scrimmage) Aug 16 at Paducah Tilghman (Scrimmage) Aug 23 vs. Bowling Green (WKU Rafferty's B

  • Purple88
    Purple88

    Just wanted all OCath Fans to know about this and general all Owensboro Fans especially @ApolloFan98@Brown and @Devils Fan. It's official.  The Rafferty's Bowl this year will be held at WKU due t

Posted Images

They open with BG, so we will quickly find out how good they are. 

6 hours ago, Bengal Boy said:

No and no those are the answers.

Thank you Nostradamus!!!

Who knows if they can go undefeated in the regular season but I don't think they will win the title this season....they never have and that's why a team like OC plays is to win a title  and if they couldn't do it last year.......

3 minutes ago, snakesnot_2000 said:

Who knows if they can go undefeated in the regular season but I don't think they will win the title this season....they never have and that's why a team like OC plays is to win a title  and if they couldn't do it last year.......

Well it’s kinda like Raceland!!!  You even said they will get theirs one day and hopefully OC will also

Owensboro Catholic will always have a chance I think. Will it be challenging for them this year? Yes, but they have plenty of talent to win it. I think playing Bowling Green is a good challenge and a great opportunity for them to play in the Rafferty Bowl at WKU vs BG. If they win then that’s huge. If they lose they move on and get ready for us at Owensboro and the other city teams. 
 

This team will still be exciting to watch. I see what people mean. Yes they lose 3 stud players in Atwell, Crowe, Ebelhar and Carrico. 
 

The road might be a little more difficult but I still think they can make it to the finals and win. 

Maybe they will get theirs someday Subway but Nostradamus predicts it won’t be next year.  They will be lucky to make it to the semi finals next season.  Atwell completely carried that team on his shoulders and they really only played 2 really good teams last season and they lost to one of them in the finals.  

Carothers is going to put up big numbers in this offense the next two years. I don’t see Catholic making it back to Lexington next year . But the year after that I wouldn’t be surprised. 

22 minutes ago, Ordell said:

Carothers is going to put up big numbers in this offense the next two years. I don’t see Catholic making it back to Lexington next year . But the year after that I wouldn’t be surprised. 

I think it's next year. If they don't then it will be a few years. I know my son who plays at Owensboro thinks their DL is very good and next year Evans, Conkright and Lyon will all be seniors. I think it's a tall order after 2025. 

3 hours ago, TimeWillTell said:

I think it's next year. If they don't then it will be a few years. I know my son who plays at Owensboro thinks their DL is very good and next year Evans, Conkright and Lyon will all be seniors. I think it's a tall order after 2025. 

Lyons  graduates... but they could move Muster to D.  They have a lot of opportunity to move some kids on D.  Woodward and Cecil will probably stay at Corners, and they have Edge in the middle.  The thing is what will they do with Sims.  They could move him up to LB with his size and speed..

 

Overall, I think they have 7 starters returning from this past year on D.

1 hour ago, Subway5024 said:

Lyons  graduates... but they could move Muster to D.  They have a lot of opportunity to move some kids on D.  Woodward and Cecil will probably stay at Corners, and they have Edge in the middle.  The thing is what will they do with Sims.  They could move him up to LB with his size and speed..

 

Overall, I think they have 7 starters returning from this past year on D.

I did not know Lyons was a Senior. I really thought he was a Junior, but if they have another DL ready that would definetly help Catholic. In regards to the Sims kid I'm assuming he plays FS? As for LB we played baseball with the Evans kid and I would assume he will play there. 

I think you guys will be fine this year. That was a good move to play BG early and good to play in the Rafferty's Bowl. Did you guys add anyone else on the schedule?

Well I have heard that scrimmages are PT and other is open still.  District changes so they have Ft knox, Hancock, and Mclean again.  I have heard the they are playing Bardstown, Meade county, Etown, BG, Apollo, DC, O'boro.  Really wish they would do away with the city/county...

Have you heard who is on O'boro's?

5 hours ago, Subway5024 said:

Well I have heard that scrimmages are PT and other is open still.  District changes so they have Ft knox, Hancock, and Mclean again.  I have heard the they are playing Bardstown, Meade county, Etown, BG, Apollo, DC, O'boro.  Really wish they would do away with the city/county...

You don’t like the city games?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.