Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2025 Owensboro Catholic Aces

Featured Replies

Being the new "Voice of the Aces", I am a little bummed that the games are being moved but I am sure that Bowling Green will be great hosts.  I am looking very forward to seeing the 2025 version of the Aces.  This young group coming up is loaded with talent. We are working on some exciting things for the Aces on KNews this upcoming season.

I know this is going to be confusing with the ApolloFan handle (that I have had for about 25 years now?) but the Aces have always been very welcoming to me and their sports programs have been excellent across the board.  I am looking forward to the opportunity!

  • Replies 52
  • Views 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Subway5024
    Subway5024

    Well I have heard that scrimmages are PT and other is open still.  District changes so they have Ft knox, Hancock, and Mclean again.  I have heard the they are playing Bardstown, Meade county, Etown,

  • Kyfootballking
    Kyfootballking

    Definitely an upgrade in competition. How do you guys see this playing out? Aug 8 at South Warren (Scrimmage) Aug 16 at Paducah Tilghman (Scrimmage) Aug 23 vs. Bowling Green (WKU Rafferty's B

  • Purple88
    Purple88

    Just wanted all OCath Fans to know about this and general all Owensboro Fans especially @ApolloFan98@Brown and @Devils Fan. It's official.  The Rafferty's Bowl this year will be held at WKU due t

Posted Images

In my personal opinion I think that this senior class has never gotten the respect that the others have. They have been overlooked and not a lot of “press”. I think this is one of the better senior classes they will have. Given the young talent behind them could make it for an interesting season. 

2 hours ago, ApolloFan98 said:

Being the new "Voice of the Aces", I am a little bummed that the games are being moved but I am sure that Bowling Green will be great hosts.  I am looking very forward to seeing the 2025 version of the Aces.  This young group coming up is loaded with talent. We are working on some exciting things for the Aces on KNews this upcoming season.

I know this is going to be confusing with the ApolloFan handle (that I have had for about 25 years now?) but the Aces have always been very welcoming to me and their sports programs have been excellent across the board.  I am looking forward to the opportunity!

I think Owensboro Catholic will be fine next year. Might take a loss or 2 which could hurt their RPI. Looking forward to the matchup in the 4th week against Catholic. I'm really looking forward to all our city matchups. I think Apollo is going to be back. I think Edge this past year got a lot of confidence back in the program. Should be interesting with Wallace at DC. My kids loved playing for him here at OHS. 

I think the city is pretty balanced this year. 

The city will be exciting for sure!  I love the Wallace fit at DC.  No disrespect to last years regime but he gets them back in the Coaching tree that had the most success in school history.  He will do well there.

DMarc at OHS will be fun.  The small details that are already starting at Owensboro should have the Devils fanbase re-energized.  I can't wait to see their new brand of ball.

Coach Edge will have his best team he has had at Apollo.  I think he is often overlooked when it comes to talking about the job he has done there.  He has had to turn the page from some staff and I know he has  had a lot to navigate in that department.  There aren't many Coaches in our area that gets kids to college like he does.  That needs to be talked about more.  Now you can add in real talent across the board, led by QB Max Johnson.  It will be exciting to see what the Eagles do the next couple seasons.

When you talk about Coaching staffs, you have to talk about Owensboro Catholic.  Coach Morris has been an excellent CEO of not only the football program but all of the sports programs at Catholic.  He is moving into a new role as Dean of Students, but as AD, he has certainly put his stamp on the Aces athletics programs.  While the football program have upgraded their schedule, I do not expect the program to take a step back.  If anything, the scheduling should help them as long as they can stay healthy through that early gauntlet.  Going from Atwell to Carothers is a luxury that any program in the state would love to have.  They also have Peyton Morris waiting in the wings.  He would start for most programs as a freshman.  While the playoff path may be a little tougher, counting the Aces out of 2A would be a mistake.

On 4/27/2025 at 11:17 AM, DevilMayCare said:

The Cats are calling for Carrico. This kid has a massive frame (6'7", 280 lbs) and was just a freshman last year. Tons of growth potential still on the table.

GpaoKIAXQAALeOH.thumb.jpeg.a76ffe92a7c338bc639736cf73be64bf.jpeg

Courtesy of X.

Eastern Kentucky offered earlier today, expanding his list to EKU, UK, UofL, and Miami (OH).

18 hours ago, Subway5024 said:

IMG_4943.png

That's pretty good for a kid who hasn't started a high school football game. Kuddos to him. Hell of a player. 

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.