Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Highlands at Woodford County Predictions/Updates

Who Wins? 102 members have voted

  1. 1. Who Wins the Game?

    • Highlands
      83%
    • Woodford County
      16%

This poll is closed to new votes

Poll closed on 11/16/2024 at 12:30 AM

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

The Bluebirds of Highlands (9-2) make their first ever trip down to Versailles to take on the Yellow Jackets of Woodford County (10-1). This will be the third all time meeting for these schools with Highlands leading the series two games to none. 

  • Replies 145
  • Views 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Touchdown Highlands and I am sick of the Woodford announcers, complain complain complain...

  • Keith the old guy
    Keith the old guy

    These announcers for Woodford are truly embarassing. 

  • Now that my season is over, I get to throw out an opinion and vote with you guys. Having studied both teams on film and seeing them up close and personal I am going with Highlands and here is why. Whe

Posted Images

Big, Big Game!  I've seen both these teams play this year and both are very good teams.

I'll be keeping tabs on this game from Owensboro this Friday night.

Now that my season is over, I get to throw out an opinion and vote with you guys. Having studied both teams on film and seeing them up close and personal I am going with Highlands and here is why. When we played the Birds it was right after the Cooper loss in the tropical storm. Up to that point Highlands hadn’t found a footing in their passing game. Lord knows they have now. Highlands schemes based on what you give them to get their receivers to open space. If you are not there to tackle the catch, it’s going to be a long night. In contrast, while Woodford has a good QB and some size and athleticism, the old throw it deep and hope your fastest guys run under the ball and catch it will only work so long. In the run game, it is advantage Highlands. Woodford just can’t run the ball very well which was surprising given the size on their O-Line. Highlands has the biggest and best O-line at the 5A level I have scouted/seen this season. Woodford struggled to get pressure last night on a smaller, young, and inexperienced O-line. Highlands can get up early, then slowly and painfully keep the chains moving in the run game. At each team's best, Highlands still wins by 10 or more points.

I like Highlands by three touchdowns or more. 

43 minutes ago, theguru said:

I like Highlands by three touchdowns or more. 

On the road? Highlands may win, but I don't think it will be three touchdowns or more.

7 minutes ago, colonel-fan said:

On the road? Highlands may win, but I don't think it will be three touchdowns or more.

I don't think home or away makes much difference and I am not very impressed with Woodford County.  I stick by it, three touchdowns or more.

Also, here are the TP94 Power Ratings from a few days ago:

Cooper              96.10
Highlands              92.11
Bowling Green         87.90
South Warren         82.39
Woodford County         80.39
Owensboro         76.59
Scott County         75.16
Pulaski County         72.36

Highlands 42

Woodford County 14. 

Any livestream on this one?

I think Highlands wins without much trouble.

11 hours ago, Bluebird said:

Any livestream on this one?

It looks as though I have been approved, so I will be broadcasting the game live from bluebirdsradio.com! 7:30 kickoff, I will be live 5-10 before kickoff. 

Highlands wins with authority and uses this road game to build a ton of momentum for the next couple of rounds. 

On 11/9/2024 at 12:34 PM, colonel-fan said:

On the road? Highlands may win, but I don't think it will be three touchdowns or more.

Woodford doesn’t have the atmosphere to intimidate. The announcer had to instruct the fans on the cheers. They do have a nice little setup.


The only thing they do to mess with the opponent is stick 3 toilets in the locker room with no dividers or privacy. Lol

 

Also, Highlands fans, they use GoFan. This way you know in advance and they don’t give you a long lecture on why you don’t have a ticket when you walk up to the ticket booth,

A question for information; In round 3 and beyond how are pairings made?  Is it statewide RPI or are there more factors?

This game could be the best of the 2nd round playoff games in the state this week imo.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.