Eastern Kentucky Commitments

MVP_007

I havent heard much from the area in the last few weeks. I didnt know if any of you all have heard any commitments lately .. especially around the Ashland, Boyd,Lawrance,Russell,Greenup, Raceland, Mason, and Johnson Central Areas .:ylsuper:

LB J.T. Forrest- Top Schools; Thomas More, Campbellsville, Mount St. Joe (OH), KCU. J.T. has visited KCU, Mt. St. Joe, and Campbellsville. He has a visit scheduled Monday at Thomas More. I look for J.T. to end up at either KCU or Thomas More. However, he did like Campbellsville and Mt. St. Joe but from what he tells me, Thomas More is at the top of his list.

QB Scott Grizzle- Top Schools; Mount Union College (OH), Southwest Baptist (Missouri), Thomas More, and KCU. Scott visited Mt. Union a few weeks ago and came away very impressed. They have a great football tradition, I think something like 8 national championship in the past 15 years. Also SW Baptist in Missouri just recently came into the picture when the QB coach from Troy took a Off. Coordinator job there. Scott is very close to Tony Franklin, so Tony got him hooked up with the Off. Coordinator at SW Baptist. They are D2 and it looks like they are going to offer Scott here soon. Also Thomas More and KCU are definetly in the mix b/c they are close to home and give him a chance to play early.

DL Clint Thompson-Visited C-ville and KCU, but I think KCU is definetly where he will end up. He just told me last week that he was 99% sure he is going there.

WR Derick Beach- Since Gerad Parker took the GA and WR coach job at UK, dont be suprised if Beach ends up as a preffered walk-on at Kentucky. Also I know that Kentucky State is very interested and Beach has been in contact with them alot lately.

DB Benji Mullins- KCU, Thomas More, and Union are all interesed. Has visited Union and has a visit at Thomas More this weekend. I look for Benji to end up at either KCU or Thomas More.

A few people I haven't heard much of are Kyle Carter-Lawrence Co, Drew Mcdavid, Fields Davis, Luke Bonner, Michael Walters, Josh Cordle-Ashland, Joey White, Josh Bryant-Boyd Co, and I'm not sure of names at Mason but I know a few are getting looks and maybe Cheif Smoke can help us out there.

LB J.T. Forrest- Top Schools; Thomas More, Campbellsville, Mount St. Joe (OH), KCU. J.T. has visited KCU, Mt. St. Joe, and Campbellsville. He has a visit scheduled Monday at Thomas More. I look for J.T. to end up at either KCU or Thomas More. However, he did like Campbellsville and Mt. St. Joe but from what he tells me, Thomas More is at the top of his list.

QB Scott Grizzle- Top Schools; Mount Union College (OH), Southwest Baptist (Missouri), Thomas More, and KCU. Scott visited Mt. Union a few weeks ago and came away very impressed. They have a great football tradition, I think something like 8 national championship in the past 15 years. Also SW Baptist in Missouri just recently came into the picture when the QB coach from Troy took a Off. Coordinator job there. Scott is very close to Tony Franklin, so Tony got him hooked up with the Off. Coordinator at SW Baptist. They are D2 and it looks like they are going to offer Scott here soon. Also Thomas More and KCU are definetly in the mix b/c they are close to home and give him a chance to play early.

DL Clint Thompson-Visited C-ville and KCU, but I think KCU is definetly where he will end up. He just told me last week that he was 99% sure he is going there.

WR Derick Beach- Since Gerad Parker took the GA and WR coach job at UK, dont be suprised if Beach ends up as a preffered walk-on at Kentucky. Also I know that Kentucky State is very interested and Beach has been in contact with them alot lately.

DB Benji Mullins- KCU, Thomas More, and Union are all interesed. Has visited Union and has a visit at Thomas More this weekend. I look for Benji to end up at either KCU or Thomas More.

Heard anything about Brad Rogers?

Brad took a trip to Centre and really liked it. He is a 4.0 student and made a 27 on the ACT, so he should have no problem getting in there. But he is also talking about giving up football and going to UK or EKU to continue his education.

A couple of the boys mentioned by MVP 007 is going to Mt. ST. Joseph also and Thomas Moore. DL Clint Thompson has family up there so it is still a possiblility. MVP 007 is completely right about KCU and he was impressed with the fact of keeping some of the Raceland boys together plus was impressed that some Johnson Central boys have verbally committed. Making of a great team for all the doubtors that were worried KCU couldnt pull off a new team.

Joe Stephens is also looking at KCU but also has talked of giving up football and going to a bible college.

Calab Caldwell took the trip to Campbellsville and liked it but is also looking at KCU

Kentucky Christian University, Coach Dane Damron, quarterback for Georgetown win the won the championship has coached other schools and came back to KCU because his dad was head basketball coach for years and his family is highly involved with the school. This program is brand new but a 3000 seat stadium has been approved and they will play a jv with a few varsity games this coming up season while that stadium is under construction. There have been doubts about this program getting off the ground but it certainly has.

If KCU can land a few of these Raceland boys...especially Grizzle,Forrest, and Beach, that would be a big step for the program and for this 2007 recruiting class.

I wouldnt imagine Beach would go there. I think the world of these three boys and you have mentioned the other boys before with great compliments but lets remember there were 14 seniors that are graduating from this class and 7 or 8 were all area and about that many were all district. I write about the other ones to get them out there and make sure they know that was a band of brothers not just three great football players.