Bowling Green at Central Hardin Predictions/Updates

Purple88

Who Wins This Game?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this game?

• Central Hardin
    • Bowling Green

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 09/20/2024 at 10:30 PM

5A Bowling Green (3-1) at 6A Central Hardin (0-4)

Streaming:  - Sporting Times (stfanclub.com)    (Back to Normal I hope!)

The Purples head up I-65 to take on the Bruins of Central Hardin for the 8th time.  This series began with a home and home contract in 1993 and 1994.  Then a game in 2004; another 2-game contract in 2015 and 2016; a Rafferty’s Bowl meeting in 2018; and finally, a game in BG last season with this game this season being the second of a 2-game contract.  Will be interesting to see if another contract is signed or not for next year.  BG has been victorious in each of these 7 earlier matchups, but the closest game of the series was the Rafferty’s Bowl game.  BG narrowly defeated Central Hardin 20-13 in the 2018 Rafferty’s Bowl.

Central Hardin Bruins Information

The Bruins have always prided themselves on being a physical team.  And I think that can be said for this season's version commanded by new Head Coach Phillip Stockdale, formerly on a Nelson County sideline, who took over this year for long time coach Tim Mattingly.  As my friend @Hardin County Preps, the Bruins just don’t have a ton of speed, and the skill positions have struggled early in the season.  That along with learning the triple option offense Coach Stockdale runs has not produced a ton of early positive results.  I did get to see Central Hardin scrimmage South Warren and I came away impressed with Bruin QB Caleb Irwin, who is a hard runner and difficult to bring down.  But if you know he’s coming and the box is loaded then that likely spells “Long Night”, which the Bruins are in the midst of experiencing with an 0-4 record.  

Bowling Green Purples Information

The Purples after a really disappointing Rafferty’s Bowl effort to open the season have come back with pretty solid performances vs Owensboro and vs Bryan Station at LCA.  And while BG earned the running clock in the 3rd Quarter, it sure was a hard way to get there.  I'm sure BG players were not up for the Apollo game, and it showed.  But to their credit they continued to grind it out.  I appreciate Apollo making BG work for most of the game and I know there are several things they need to get fixed prior to South Warren coming to Rockingham Lane in mid-October.  And Apollo is a better team than most people think.  I'll leave it at that.  BG continues to be led by SR QB Deuce Bailey, who continues to make more positive plays than negative, but must continue to grind forward in this inner season schedule leading to district play.  SO RB Nick Graham continues to be another bright spot on the Purples Offense and SR CJ Sweeney had a really good night back from injury.  Happy for him.

On defense, I felt the front 7 played really well, while the secondary just was not in synch.  A piece of that had to do with a couple guys out, but still much to work on.

Game Preview    

With Central Hardin never defeating BG to date and the 2024 version of the Bruins being winless, this simply doesn’t feel like the time for a breakthrough.  I honestly hate that the first Central Hardin home game of the season and the very first home game on the awesome new turf field will be a game that will likely be a running clock against the Bruins.  But I don’t make the schedule, I just report on it.

A quick case in point from above, through 3 games of stats, Central Hardin has attempted 17 passes on the year and completed 4.  BG knows this and will certainly load the box.  I don't think there's a lot of unknowns there.  I look for BG to open game fast and the BG D not let Central get anything going on the ground.

It could be a long night in Cecilia!

• Like 2

Central Hardin PK Mika Chenault had a great game vs Meade County, connecting on field goals of 43, 42, and 32 yards. Aside from that, this was a hard game to watch. Central Hardin led vs. Meade County 16-14 early in the 4th quarter, then MC pulled a play out of the playbook that Bowling Green fans should be familiar with, a hook and ladder that went 40 yards for a TD, successfully converted an onside kick and the game was then essentially over. 

CH execution all night was bad, numerous penalties for illegal participation (12 players on the field), delay of game, numerous illegal motion penalties and 2 TDs called back on block in the back penalties. I will say it, Central Hardin is not very well coached and it is obvious to parents and fans alike who have followed CH this year. 

Bowling Green should have no problem moving the ball on Central Hardin. On defense, Bowling Green needs to put 2 linebackers in the box, stop the run, and dare CH to throw the ball. This game is a recipe for disaster for Central Hardin.

Field Goals won't be enough to save Central Hardin in this one.

My Prediction: Bowling Green 52 Central Hardin 3

• Like 1