CCH Caden Miller to Prep School Next Year

CCH Senior, Caden Miller, has announced he'll take a Gap/Prep School year at Moravian Prep in NC.

Miller was D1 POY and joined the 1,000 pt club this year.

I believe he had offers from Arkansas and EKU with interest from UC and XU.  Wondering what the extra year of play will do for his recruiting? I am unfamiliar with Moravian and the Overtime Elite leage.

image.png.998b2e8231b5dee54653c702d640d657.png

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, RedHawk said:

CCH Senior, Caden Miller, has announced he'll take a Gap/Prep School year at Moravian Prep in NC.

Miller was D1 POY and joined the 1,000 pt club this year.

I believe he had offers from Arkansas and EKU with interest from UC and XU.  Wondering what the extra year of play will do for his recruiting? I am unfamiliar with Moravian and the Overtime Elite league.

DePaul, Mississippi State, Central Arkansas, Missouri, and Eastern Kentucky all had extended offers to Caden, at least at one point.

I Googled the Overtime Elite League when I saw Caden's tweet yesterday. It's a developmental youth league for kids age 16-20, and it just wrapped up its third year in existence. There were like 6 or 8 teams in the league, and I believe it said the players are all paid to play. It looked like OTE has produced a few NBA draftees, about a half-dozen more who signed in the NBA as unrestricted free agents, another handful who've signed into the NBA G-League, and and one or two have gone on to D1 colleges. I'm not sure how players can advance from the OTE League to play in the NCAA after playing in a paid league, though...maybe you can wave the salary if you're hoping to go the college route?

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

DePaul, Mississippi State, Central Arkansas, Missouri, and Eastern Kentucky all had extended offers to Caden, at least at one point.

I Googled the Overtime Elite League when I saw Caden's tweet yesterday. It's a developmental youth league for kids age 16-20, and it just wrapped up its third year in existence. There were like 6 or 8 teams in the league, and I believe it said the players are all paid to play. It looked like OTE has produced a few NBA draftees, about a half-dozen more who signed in the NBA as unrestricted free agents, another handful who've signed into the NBA G-League, and and one or two have gone on to D1 colleges. I'm not sure how players can advance from the OTE League to play in the NCAA after playing in a paid league, though...maybe you can wave the salary if you're hoping to go the college route?

Was interested on the NCAA eligibility as well. Saw this on their website:

OTE also has a scholarship program that allows certain prospects an alternate route within the league to maintain college eligibility, receiving up to $100,000 to put toward tuition should they change their mind and want to play in the NCAA.

Rob Dillingham played in the league prior to UK.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1