Kentucky at LSU Predictions/Updates

Kentucky vs. LSU  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/22/2024 at 02:12 AM

The Cats (18-7) (8-4) travel to Baton Rouge to take on the Tigers of LSU (13-12) (5-7). The Cats are coming off a big road win at Auburn on Saturday. The Tigers are also coming off a big road win on Saturday at South Carolina. The Cats will have to watch not having a letdown in this one that most everyone feels the Cats should win. The game is on ESPN with another 9:00pm tip. Go Cats!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

The Cats (18-7) (8-4) travel to Baton Rouge to take on the Tigers of LSU (13-12) (5-7). The Cats are coming off a big road win at Auburn on Saturday. The Tigers are also coming off a big road win on Saturday at South Carolina. The Cats will have to watch not having a letdown in this one that most everyone feels the Cats should win. The game is on ESPN with another 9:00pm tip. Go Cats!!

I haven’t looked, but does anyone know how Damion Collins is doing for LSU this year? I know that’s where he transferred to after leaving UK after last year. 

21 minutes ago, futurecoach said:

I haven’t looked, but does anyone know how Damion Collins is doing for LSU this year? I know that’s where he transferred to after leaving UK after last year. 

Not playing. Not sure what is going on. He didn't play in the 40 point win over Florida. Last game played for LSU was back in December. He played sparingly in the few games he did get into this season.

27 minutes ago, futurecoach said:

I haven’t looked, but does anyone know how Damion Collins is doing for LSU this year?

Evidentially not much he has only played in 6 games this season. He has not been in a box score since league play began. He had a shoulder injury and was supposed to come back and play in their game vs. Northwestern State on Dec. 27 he played 13 minutes and scored 2 points and 2 rebounds and has not played since then.

On 2/18/2024 at 1:12 PM, futurecoach said:

I completely forgot he transferred there.

Guards are going to have to bring it.  LSU has a solid backcourt, but that depends on if Jalen Cook plays.  He's had a bad hamstring that has kept him out of some games.  Of course, he didn't play at South Carolina Saturday and they still won.  Jordan Wright has been solid all year.  They both average around 15 a game.

Tigers were 11-6 in mid-January, then lost 6 out of 7 before they beat South Carolina Saturday.  That game is such a head-scratcher, especially with LSU being without their leading scorer.  I just don't get it.

And while we're all giddy about how the Cats looked Saturday, who knows how they'll respond?  Will they continue to build on how they've been playing, or will it be a step or two back?  They have to show me they have turned a corner before I can pick them to win.

5 hours ago, Randy Parker said:

Guards are going to have to bring it.  LSU has a solid backcourt, but that depends on if Jalen Cook plays.  He's had a bad hamstring that has kept him out of some games.  Of course, he didn't play at South Carolina Saturday and they still won.  Jordan Wright has been solid all year.  They both average around 15 a game.

Tigers were 11-6 in mid-January, then lost 6 out of 7 before they beat South Carolina Saturday.  That game is such a head-scratcher, especially with LSU being without their leading scorer.  I just don't get it.

And while we're all giddy about how the Cats looked Saturday, who knows how they'll respond?  Will they continue to build on how they've been playing, or will it be a step or two back?  They have to show me they have turned a corner before I can pick them to win.

I certainly agree with your last paragraph.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Randy Parker said:

It's unfortunately really fair questions to ask. Sort of glad they have to follow-up Saturday with another road game. Hopefully get another solid performance and we can all feel a little bit better about the momentum of things truly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, okie1 said:

I hope the Cats can put together back to back solid performances.  It seems like its been a while since they have played well in consecutive games.

I would say they just did that.