Kentucky 70 Auburn 59

1 hour ago, Voice of Reason said:

Agree. Too much movement. Needs to streamline it and make it more repeatable.

Agreed. It wasn’t this game, but I remember seeing Cal tell him one game after a missed free throw to go straight up and not be falling back on his free throw. He seems to try to shoot free throws with the same flair he does on his jump shots which come from weird tough positions at times. 

His missed free throw against Florida would have iced the game and would have had the Cats one game back from first in the SEC. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, futurecoach said:

Agreed. It wasn’t this game, but I remember seeing Cal tell him one game after a missed free throw to go straight up and not be falling back on his free throw. He seems to try to shoot free throws with the same flair he does on his jump shots which come from weird tough positions at times. 

His missed free throw against Florida would have iced the game and would have had the Cats one game back from first in the SEC. 

And it is all learning for everyone, including Cal. At this point, he can't be on the floor in the last minute of a 2 point game. He not only can't be trusted to hit needed free throws, he will hold the ball to draw the foul because he believes he will hit the free throw - just like he did against Florida.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

Cal actually did more coaching yesterday than he did screaming at the kids and the refs, hope he keeps that up!!!  Why can’t he just sit back after the game yesterday and enjoy the win?!

So you're complaining about his after game press conference?

I hope Cal saw how Pearl was acting towards the officials and decided tonight would be a good night to just worry about the Cats. Pearl was absolutely insane last night, and it showed in his team’s performance. They missed alot of open shots, but maybe that’s why they were open to shoot? Pearl needed to settle down and coach, he did not do that to the detriment to his team and the betterment of our Cats. UK showed way more effort on the boards and at the rim last night than they have all season. Keep that fight up and they can win the SEC tournament.

2 hours ago, Breds82 said:

I hope Cal saw how Pearl was acting towards the officials and decided tonight would be a good night to just worry about the Cats. Pearl was absolutely insane last night, and it showed in his team’s performance. They missed alot of open shots, but maybe that’s why they were open to shoot? Pearl needed to settle down and coach, he did not do that to the detriment to his team and the betterment of our Cats. UK showed way more effort on the boards and at the rim last night than they have all season. Keep that fight up and they can win the SEC tournament.

I agree but what was ironic is that Cal was the one who received a bench warning and Pearl never did for the entire game.

• Like 1

Very impressive and much needed win.  Going into the week I was genuinely afraid that the Cats might play themselves onto the bubble--or into an 8-9 seed.  They have really played with more intesnity on defense, and more physicality on defense and on the boards.  I'm not ready to say that they have everything figured out on defense, I think I saw that Auburn went 3-12 on what were considered open looks on three pointers, and missed several two point attempts that were considered open looks.   However, the effort and physicality that they showed on defense was so much better than it has been.  Great win in a tough place to play.  

• Like 1