Georgia vs. Florida State Predictions/Updates

TheDeuce

Who wins?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

I can remember growing up the Orange Bowl on New Year's Night, and listening to the likes of Curt Gowdy, Jim Simpson, Dick Enberg, Don Criqui, and Color guys like, John Brodie, Merlin Olson, Bob Trumphy, Bob Griese, and Bill Walsh, or watching the Sugar Bowl and listening to guys like, Charlie Jones, Chris Schenkel, Keith Jackson, and Color guys like Jim Lampley, Frank Broyles, Ara Parseghian, Bud Wilkerson, and the great Howard Cosell. Guess you can say, I've shown my age, and how much I really miss the bowl tie ins and just the good ole days of College Football. Sorry didn't mean to hijack the thread.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, okie1 said:

Will this Bowl game even happen.  Talk about a possible shot towards even more playoff teams in the future...teams who get snubbed for playoffs, simply decline Bowl games.

The only reason I don't see that happening is that I believe there is some sort of monetary value to making a game of this stature.  So it would cost FSU something to decline the invite or back out now. 

Outside of that, I'd probably be fine with it, because I do not see this going well with their departures.  But if they do, they'd better never try to claim any sort of title from this unless they're still voted up top.  And they've given no actual indication they would. (That ALSO being said - if the AP or Coaches vote them #1, I absolutely would claim a title.)

• Like 2

Like said above, FSU gets some kind of money to play in this game and the HC gets a bonus for making/winning this one. Outside of that I’d be ok not playing. Remember this is put on by the Orange Bowl not the NCAA, just like the playoff.

On 12/7/2023 at 8:05 PM, DragonFire said:

The only reason I don't see that happening is that I believe there is some sort of monetary value to making a game of this stature.  So it would cost FSU something to decline the invite or back out now. 

Outside of that, I'd probably be fine with it, because I do not see this going well with their departures.  But if they do, they'd better never try to claim any sort of title from this unless they're still voted up top.  And they've given no actual indication they would. (That ALSO being said - if the AP or Coaches vote them #1, I absolutely would claim a title.)

One thing to keep in mind is Bowl money is shared within the conferences so FSU would be affecting the payout of all teams in the ACC.  This, of course, is why Notre Dame (plus their TV contract) wants to keep independent status.  

• Like 1

Our podcast guest this week is Greg McGarity, CEO & President of the Taxslayer Gator Bowl. He was also the AD @ UGA who hired Kirby Smart. We talk about that hire on our podcast this week. Greg had some details that were pretty cool. 

We will release it Thursday, 12/14 @ 7:30 pm!

The Coaches Office: Behind the Scenes of HS Football w/ Chuck Smith & David Buchanan

image.thumb.png.f405bb9e4706b85e4ba202885e2ae796.png

• Like 1

My goodness this is starting to look like the Miami and Denver NFL game in September. Georgia leads now 21-3 with 10:38 still left in the 2nd quarter. They went 75 yards in just over two minutes and only 4 plays. Georgia is averaging just under 11 yards per carry. They have 140 yards on the ground on just 13 carries.