Georgia vs. Florida State Predictions/Updates

TheDeuce

Who wins?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

Game won’t matter. If Georgia wins and especially if they wipe the floor with FSU, then it’ll be justification for leaving them out. If FSU wins, we’ll see the “Georgia wasn’t interested/they were disappointed” narratives aplenty. And who knows if we’ll even see all the guys play that are supposed to. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I will be picking Georgia as well. As I’ve said in the various CFP threads, I believe they are one of the best teams. Yesterday didn’t change that. 

That being said, if FSU beats Georgia, they’ve actually got an outside shot at claiming a national title. They’re 3rd in the coaches poll behind only Michigan and Washington, and 4th in the AP ahead of Bama. I don’t think it actually happens, but there’s an extremely outside chance. Especially if it’s Texas/Bama in the finals. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Voice of Reason said:

Absolutely not. I don't care who wins. And my comment goes both ways. Does FSU have players that might skip this game? They have some next level dudes on their defense. Will all the FSU guys play?

I would be surprised if there weren’t quite a few from both that don’t play, to be honest. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Voice of Reason said:

Absolutely not. I don't care who wins. And my comment goes both ways. Does FSU have players that might skip this game? They have some next level dudes on their defense. Will all the FSU guys play?

I could be wrong, but I’ve got a feeling that they’ll be mad enough to want to prove something, and play. But we’ll see. If they’re making a business decision they’ve got multiple that shouldn’t.  Verse shouldn’t, neither should Coleman. 

• Thanks 1

But therein lies the rub - I don’t think there were going with him. After all, the general perception is that they aren’t as good as Bama even with him. The talking heads started that narrative even before he got hurt. 

It is funny though on that meme. 

• Like 2