Boyle County 21 Corbin 14

TheDeuce

2 hours ago, EagleRare20 said:

Why is this a thing? Boyle loses without him. Corbin doesn't go undefeated in the regular season without the twins. The Chicago Bulls don't win all those titles without Michael Jordan. You can say that about almost anything. Fact is, Boyle has better players, better coaching, and knows what it takes better than anyone, how to win the big games. 

So you’re saying Corbin coaches didn’t call a good game?  I thought they called a great offensive game other than the last 4th down play. 

• Like 1

Just now, JIM SEYMOUR # 85 said:

Do I understand correctly that there were THREE Hurdling calls -  on the same team ??

Same Player ???  

Definitely on the same team, I'm not sure if it was the same player but others are saying so. The last one came when Corbin was driving deep into Boyle County territory and could have potentially tied the game. It turned a 3rd and very short into a 3rd and long and pretty much sealed the game up.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, EagleRare20 said:

Why is this a thing? Boyle loses without him. Corbin doesn't go undefeated in the regular season without the twins. The Chicago Bulls don't win all those titles without Michael Jordan. You can say that about almost anything. Fact is, Boyle has better players, better coaching, and knows what it takes better than anyone, how to win the big games. 

Why is it a thing? Because it's the truth lol that's why. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Seybold24 said:

Why is it a thing? Because it's the truth lol that's why. 

Apparently, you can’t call what is true on here.  No shade to anyone else, but it’s clear as day who the alpha dog is.  Sure, they have nice other players and a good staff but the Jimmy of the Joes led the pack last night.  Yes, the rebels have a nice O-line but both TD runs for Quiz was field vision, breaking tackles and pure athleticism.

• Like 2

4. No recruiting comments or allegations of KHSAA rules violations by any school, coach, player or booster are allowed. No comments about where any player lives, has lived, or where they are from in a recruiting context. This is not the place to report KHSAA violations. Feel free to contact Kentucky High School Athletic Association | KHSAA – Student-athletes of Today, Leaders of Tomorrow to report such violations, but do not discuss violations here.

I saw the last hurdling as Corbin was driving for the potential TD and tying/winning try. One time? Ok, after that it’s just coaches thinking they “they won’t call it again” or “he got caught once, he won’t do it again”. After the second time he needs to sit. What the point of playing him if he’s going to potentially cost you some serious yards, and you have no clue if he will do it or not? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Breds82 said:

I saw the last hurdling as Corbin was driving for the potential TD and tying/winning try. One time? Ok, after that it’s just coaches thinking they “they won’t call it again” or “he got caught once, he won’t do it again”. After the second time he needs to sit. What the point of playing him if he’s going to potentially cost you some serious yards, and you have no clue if he will do it or not? 

Hurdling seems so instinctive and reactive that it may be hard to coach that out of a player. And if I remember correctly, they were 'successful' on all three attempts.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LethalPG said:

So you’re saying Corbin coaches didn’t call a good game?  I thought they called a great offensive game other than the last 4th down play. 

I agree.  That 4th. down play was probably something they haven't tried the entire season.  Do what got you there.  Other than that pretty much great play calling in my book.  

• Like 1

Quisenberry doesn't even have to touch the ball to make a difference in a game.  As long as he is on the field he changes everything.  Take the second series where Corbin refused to punt it to him.  Punter takes his time to place his kick away from Tavy and Driver blocked it.   Huge play that swings Mo to Boyle.  

• Like 3

23 hours ago, LethalPG said:

Where does it say in the post, "Corbin's coaches didn't call a good game?" That has nothing to do with the comment about removing the a team's best player.