Boyle County 21 Corbin 14

TheDeuce

4 hours ago, EagleRare20 said:

What I replied was the truth. If a team's best player is removed and they have to play Corbin the chances of that team winning isnn't great lol. 

What is this? Fantasy Island or let's Pretend? Grow up and get in touch with the real world!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Statsdontlie said:

That last play Corbin ran on 4th down if it was completed Elam would've walked in. Go look at the replay. 

You are so wrong . Weren't you at the game. It was probably a backward pass and should have been a fumble recovery.

6 hours ago, EagleRare20 said:

Where does it say in the post, "Corbin's coaches didn't call a good game?" That has nothing to do with the comment about removing the a team's best player.  

“Boyle has better players and coaches…” Both teams have good players and coaches.  

16 hours ago, Statsdontlie said:

Nevermind no he wouldn't have. Avery and Demauriah Brown was in the area. My apologies. 

Agree, Elam would have been lucky not to lose yards as they had that spot covered with two good tacklers. Maybe he was going to throw it back or something but he surely was not going to get it on his own. Questionable call in that situation.

On 11/18/2023 at 11:34 AM, EagleRare20 said:

Why is this a thing? Boyle loses without him. Corbin doesn't go undefeated in the regular season without the twins. The Chicago Bulls don't win all those titles without Michael Jordan. You can say that about almost anything. Fact is, Boyle has better players, better coaching, and knows what it takes better than anyone, how to win the big games. 

Exactly. 

On 11/18/2023 at 2:11 PM, burreaux said:

Definitely on the same team, I'm not sure if it was the same player but others are saying so. The last one came when Corbin was driving deep into Boyle County territory and could have potentially tied the game. It turned a 3rd and very short into a 3rd and long and pretty much sealed the game up.

Different player on the kickoff return but the last two were same player. My guess is it was never called at Corbin, so kids probably didn't know better, though coaches certainly should. That is the only time I saw anyone hurdle all year.

The thing that I was shocked by and what impressed me the most was the size DISADVANTAGE of Boyle. Corbin dwarfed them in size up front outside of one or two of Boyle's linemen. It was an absolute great game and hats off to both teams competing at the highest level. They both had great game plans and great players and Boyle just executed a few more times than Corbin did.

I did have question though. I watched the 3 hurdles happen and was blown away that it kept happening after the first one: Has this been called in Eastern KY this year? I know that different regions of officials place points of emphasis on different facets of the game. Corbin acted like they didn't know the rule existed. I'm not bashing anyone, just truly wondering from anyone that has watched some Corbin games if this rule has been called on them before? Or if the kids knew the rule but were just trying to make plays? 

Thanks in advance.