Cooper at Southwestern Predictions/Updates

Jaguars vs Warriors  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Pick a side

1 hour ago, 859Radio said:

Thank you so much @FrankNicodemus for the kind words as always!  There's only one thing I would love more than broadcasting HHS and Cooper and that would be seeing my daughter get married, which is what we are doing next weekend!  So this is it for me for this football season.  I'm honored that this game is our 300th on (859) Sports Radio in 4 1/2 years.  Hard to believe!  Thanks go great fans like you we've made it to 300.

Congratulations to your family, especially your daughter!!

• Thanks 1

On 11/14/2023 at 6:25 PM, 9068 said:

Well, that's obvious since they beat them correct? Both are playing well now.

I wouldn’t say that’s obvious. Much like many of the Highlands fans probably wouldn’t say CovCath is still better than them, since they beat them at the beginning of the season. 

2 minutes ago, futurecoach said:

I wouldn’t say that’s obvious. Much like many of the Highlands fans probably wouldn’t say CovCath is still better than them, since they beat them at the beginning of the season. 

I think the CovCath/Highlands analogy is good one but I think Highlands has a stronger case for it than Cooper does. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

39 minutes ago, futurecoach said:

Based on?

Observation, opinion, game results. 

Put it this way, I do think Cooper is better than Ryle now and would win if they played but I definitely think Highlands would beat CCH now.  Highlands is a different animal at this point, maybe three touchdowns better than they were at the start of the season. 

But, like with some other things, we will never know.

Finally, this is one thing I really do like about having so many classes in Kentucky, "my" local schools that can play are not all lumped together.

===================

Back to this thread, I think I like Southwestern if it rains during the game and Cooper if it does not rain but I am on the record picking the Jags and that is who I am sticking with. 

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, WishboneCity said:

Very surprised by how skewed this poll is. 

I’m more surprised by how many people think this game will be a blowout…

The search for respect has been a long and winding road for the Warriors. Clearly, winning at Scott County last year wasn't enough. 

For the record, I think Cooper pulls this out. I give Southwestern the advantage at the line of scrimmage, but I'm banking on Cooper's D1 guys making enough plays on both sides of the ball to overcome it. 

I don't mind the taste of crow, so I'm open to being wrong here and wouldn't be at all surprised to see the Warriors grind out a win. But it's hard to look away from Alexander, Johnson, O'Hara, and Lonaker. 

That's probably the majority opinion behind the skewed poll. Southwestern's parts aren't as shiny. But are they more effective?

We'll know in a few hours.

• Like 4

Will be following this one pretty closely tonight. For me, I really like this Jaguar team. It seems they have gotten better every week. They've taken their shots to the chin during the regular season and built on it. Southwestern has nothing for the skill players that Cooper has, but upfront the Warriors have quality guys that may make life hard between the tackles both ways. 

This one reminds me of the 5A semi final last year when Southwestern played host to Bowling Green and they simply could not run with the Purples. I think you'll see a lot of the same here.

Jaguars by a couple scores.