Cooper at Southwestern Predictions/Updates

Jaguars vs Warriors  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Pick a side

Cooper packs the bus and heads down I-75 to Southwestern.  

Just read that a lot of people like Cooper in this one on another thread and realized this game doesn't have a thread yet.

On paper I really like Cooper in this one as well.  To much NKY talent heading south for Southwestern to handle.  Cam O'Hara slinging the ball and Austin doing his thing on both sides of the ball.

Am I right?

Southwestern comes in with a 9-3 record.  They came out of the gate flat getting beat by Ballard and South Warren.  Then got edged out by Franklin Co in the middle of the season 28-29.  They did go undefeated in their District.  Looks like they are big running team with 3,508 yds on the ground to only 1,406 yds of offense in the air.  This seems like Alexander and Jack Lonaker have to be salivating for this running attack heading their way.

Who you got!

My vote is going to the Cooper Jaguars!  

Teaser: if Coop wins and so does the Birds, looks like there might be a rematch Thanksgiving weekend with those 2 potentially.  We will see if it plays out that way.

JBYPyoA.jpg

• Thanks 1

On paper, Cooper is a great matchup to beat the Warriors. Every team that has bested SW this year has done it through the air and that’s what Cooper excels at.

However, SW will have the size advantage up front on Friday. Will that equate to actually winning in the trenches? We will find that out soon enough. 

4 minutes ago, WishboneCity said:

When looking at Cooper's schedule, the Ryle game sticks out like a sore thumb. What happened in that one?

Turnovers and inability to run the ball in short yardage situations. The game was 10-7 Cooper going into the 4th quarter if my memory serves me. Cooper had the ball 1st and goal two different times and only came away with 3 points. It was early in the season, and easily the worst game the Jags played all year. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, FrankNicodemus said:

@859Radio I 2nd that choice! 

Safe travels, hope to see you in the Fort the following week especially if the Jags win!

Thank you so much @FrankNicodemus for the kind words as always!  There's only one thing I would love more than broadcasting HHS and Cooper and that would be seeing my daughter get married, which is what we are doing next weekend!  So this is it for me for this football season.  I'm honored that this game is our 300th on (859) Sports Radio in 4 1/2 years.  Hard to believe!  Thanks go great fans like you we've made it to 300.

• Like 7