Dayton 14 Bishop Brossart 0

hrcarrier

On another point, if Brossart has a field goal kicker that could have made field goals from 30 yards or longer, they potentially left 12 points off the scoreboard. Even with not attempting, credit has to be given to Dayton for a full game solid defensive performance.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, hrcarrier said:

On another point, if Brossart has a field goal kicker that could have made field goals from 30 yards or longer, they potentially left 12 points off the scoreboard. Even with not attempting, credit has to be given to Dayton for a full game solid defensive performance.

Dayton certainly earned the win! I have a feeling NewCath will be chomping at the bit to try and make Dayton’s HC eat his words about them being able to play with any single A team in the state. I did notice there were quite a few NewCath people at the game. Love this time of year!!

58 minutes ago, Yall Wear High Waters said:

Dayton certainly earned the win! I have a feeling NewCath will be chomping at the bit to try and make Dayton’s HC eat his words about them being able to play with any single A team in the state. I did notice there were quite a few NewCath people at the game. Love this time of year!!

Would absolutely love Dayton to beat Newport Catholic, but I’m also realistic. Anything is always possible though. On another note, Coach Herbst really tries to motivate his players and has since his arrival to working at Dayton. He is very motivated for Dayton to continuously improve, and very much so as an understatement. He obviously knew that NC would win against plenty 1A teams, why he said it if he did, your guess is as good as mine. 

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, hrcarrier said:

Would absolutely love Dayton to beat Newport Catholic, but I’m also realistic. Anything is always possible though. On another note, Coach Herbst really tries to motivate his players and has since his arrival to working at Dayton. He is very motivated for Dayton to continuously improve, and very much so as an understatement. He obviously knew that NC would win against plenty 1A teams, why he said it if he did, your guess is as good as mine. 

The biggest thing is getting your guys to believe. Believe and achieve it. If it should happen it would be hard pressed not to run head first through a brick wall for the coach. I like it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hrcarrier said:

Don’t get me wrong, I can appreciate/respect a coach getting behind his players and publicly state his players can play with any single A team. Definitely a sign of a good Coach who is building something. 
All that said, out coaching and outplaying Brossart is not the same as playing with NewCath. I wasn’t at the NewCath/Dayton game, but It was a running clock the entire second half.. 

• Like 1