Dayton 14 Bishop Brossart 0

hrcarrier

Don’t know who all else watched, but I truly believe Dayton intercepted Brossart late in the game and it was called incomplete. Personally, I’ve never seen a play that looked so clearly turned over. It still didn’t matter much because Brossart turned it over on downs the next play. Just curious if anyone else saw anything indicating an incompletion. 

4 minutes ago, Yall Wear High Waters said:

Dayton has not won many playoff games recently. Kudos to them for going on the road and getting the dub. 

This is now in a playoff win in three consecutive seasons (2021 - Ludlow; 2022 - Berea), but prior to that the last playoff win for Dayton came in the second round against Bellevue way back in 1998.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Breds82 said:

Lost to Beechwood for the second time in 3 years. Dan Ridder was the coach. He was very much underrated in my opinion. 

Yes, both in the regional final. The 1996 game was down to the wire (23-20), while the 1998 game was a comfortable Beechwood win (29-0).

12 minutes ago, gchs_uk9 said:

This is now in a playoff win in three consecutive seasons (2021 - Ludlow; 2022 - Berea), but prior to that the last playoff win for Dayton came in the second round against Bellevue way back in 1998.

That is right, and Jesse Herbst has played a big role in this happening over the past few years. They struggled more this season and numbers are overall lower than the past couple seasons this one. Coach Herbst does well with who he has and he coaches the game well. Not to take away from longer ago times or other coaches, particularly Dan Ridder, but if the numbers of players coming out to play now were like they used to be back longer ago, I truly believe there may have been more wins, regular season and playoffs.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, gchs_uk9 said:

Yes, both in the regional final. The 1996 game was down to the wire (23-20), while the 1998 game was a comfortable Beechwood win (29-0).

That game from 1996 will go down as one of the best and most electrifying playoff games at the high school level that I experienced in KY and other places. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, gchs_uk9 said:

I was referring to the drought you just described. Not trying to diminish recent accomplishments. They have an uphill battle with NCC and Newport (now) in their district. Tonight was a big win for Dayton imo. 

• Like 2

Why you play the game. This is only the second time that Brossart has been shut out since October 12, 2018. The other was last year when we lost 7-0 to Newport while without our place-kicker.

Dayton controlled time of possession, and their defense stopped the Mustangs twice while threatening deep in the Red Zone. Being a Brossart fan, I felt like we would catch a momentum swing in the second half and find a way to win. The big fullback Jiminez is a load at 250 lbs and picked up most of his short-yardage challenges, Mason Johnson and Chad Nickell kept the Devils playing in front of the sticks, particularly in the first half. They were able to manufacture two TDs in the last 1:30 of the first half which stood up. Previous to tonight's defeat, Brossart had beaten Dayton seven straight times dating back to 2014, not counting a Covid cancellation.

Reporters from the NoKy Tribune (Terry Boehmker), LINK NKY (Ray Schaefer), and 10thRegion.com (Will Jones) were all on hand covering the game which should be well documented.

Congratulations to the Dayton Greendevils!!!

• Like 4