Nelson County 32 John Hardin 28

Jumper_Dad

This was a GREAT HS football game. Have to give a lot of credit to Nelson and their coaching staff. Honestly the first half was JH football all year long. Mental mistakes and errors from young football players. The 2nd half was a legit fist fight. Each team went blow for blow and Nelson won the game on a QB sneak on 4th and goal at 1. JH fans and coaches were upset because the QB was illegally pushed in the back and aided into the end zone but that’s beside the point. A TERRIFIC football game and the Dawgs grew up in the 2nd half. Don’t know much about Logan or Warren East but both teams are going to be tough outs in the playoffs. Great game and proud of how JH fought in this one. 

• Like 1

I have to disagree with DawgsFan100 here. Moral victories for John Hardin don't get you wins, don't signal progress, and don't improve your playoff seeding. Fans that do not have player ties to the team will only start coming back to John Hardin games when they start winning on a regular basis and competing for District, Region, and state championships. 

36 minutes ago, Hardin County Preps said:

I have to disagree with DawgsFan100 here. Moral victories for John Hardin don't get you wins, don't signal progress, and don't improve your playoff seeding. Fans that do not have player ties to the team will only start coming back to John Hardin games when they start winning on a regular basis and competing for District, Region, and state championships. 

JH hasn’t been “JH” in the past 3 years. They were down 18-7 against a good and veteran Nelson team and fought all the way back and had the game won until another Sophomore (which is almost all of this team) made a mental error at the end of the game and made them pay. I’m not saying JH coaches or players should not be happy with losing but they finally got the offense and passing offense going last night while battling a senior led team. JH is going to be VERY good in the next 2 years. These are building blocks you have to go through to become what JH was in the past. They are close and I’m proud of the fight they showed. Seasons not over yet