Covington Catholic at Beechwood Predictions/Updates

Who wins?  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/15/2023 at 11:30 PM

2 hours ago, Gotigas said:

Beechwood would have to play perfect and probably cause 3+ Colonel turnovers. I say CCH 38 BW 21.

(Knocking on wood here...)

Thus far this year Pitzer hasn't thrown any interceptions and they have only fumbled twice. Cov Cath's D has 4 forced fumbles and 5 interceptions, including a pick-6. They have definitely been winning the turnover battles on Friday nights.

As a Colonels fan this is the matchup I look forward to the most, by far, each season (I know most would say Highlands). If I could choose one team to beat every single year it would be the Tigers. Don’t play Beechwood’s game and get into a track meet. I hope some of the defensive lapses from last week don’t rear their head in this one. Colonels by 7 but I hope it’s more.

Beat Beechwood!!!!!!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ColonelGator said:

As a Colonels fan this is the matchup I look forward to the most, by far, each season (I know most would say Highlands). If I could choose one team to beat every single year it would be the Tigers. Don’t play Beechwood’s game and get into a track meet. I hope some of the defensive lapses from last week don’t rear their head in this one. Colonels by 7 but I hope it’s more.

Beat Beechwood!!!!!!

I had conversation about this with another Fort Mitchell native/Cov Cath grad friend of mine a year or two ago. Growing up and prior to high school, the Beechwood game always felt like it was far and away a bigger rivalry than the Highlands game did for me, as well as for the friend I just mentioned. And for both of us, although the Highlands game became clearly a bigger rivalry once we got to high school (and after high school), probably largely in part of the playoff and state championship implications, the Beechwood rivalry felt more personal than the Highlands game did...if that makes any sense.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, theguru said:

Do you know if Beechwood is going to allow video of the game?

I would like to know as well.  I have been hearing from friends and family who want to park at our house which always turns into us having a party.  Would be nice to have the game on for those who invariably don’t leave the party.  Mixlr is great, but would love to set up the TV.

• Like 1

On 9/9/2023 at 12:05 PM, theguru said:

The Beechwood Authority is saying this will be a running clock game. 

On 9/9/2023 at 1:01 PM, theguru said:

CovCath wins.

On 9/9/2023 at 1:07 PM, theguru said:

The Authority is nearly all knowing when it comes to Beechwood.  🤷‍♀️

The BA is as certain as Death. In such cases I

200w-7.gif

🔵

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Beechwoodfan said:

I would like to know as well.  I have been hearing from friends and family who want to park at our house which always turns into us having a party.  Would be nice to have the game on for those who invariably don’t leave the party.  Mixlr is great, but would love to set up the TV.

Should I bring an appetizer?  😇

• Haha 1

• theguru changed the title to Covington Catholic at Beechwood Predictions/Updates
  • Colonels_Wear_Blue locked this topic