Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Heat wave this week

Featured Replies

With high 90s forecast and almost 100 Friday, will practice and any games be impacted? 

  • Replies 61
  • Views 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • ChickenWyngz
    ChickenWyngz

    It’ll be a little cooler at the elevation though.

  • What did the hail sound like when it hit your trumpet?

  • Each school is supposed to have the trainer monitor the heat. I told my boss a couple weeks ago we couldn’t work on the roof bc the roof temperature was over 100F, and kids can’t play football if it’s

Posted Images

2 hours ago, GottaLuvFootball said:

With high 90s forecast and almost 100 Friday, will practice and any games be impacted? 

For sure. There are workarounds, obvious by changing Practice to before school. And you will likely see game times pushed back until things get cooler.

Maybe we'll play the games in shorts and sandals....   ?

I'm already dreading hauling up all my broadcast gear up those long, long steps at Oldham County's stadium in the heat....

CM

6 minutes ago, ColonelMike said:

Maybe we'll play the games in shorts and sandals....   ?

I'm already dreading hauling up all my broadcast gear up those long, long steps at Oldham County's stadium in the heat....

CM

It’ll be a little cooler at the elevation though.

7 minutes ago, ChickenWyngz said:

It’ll be a little cooler at the elevation though.

It's a bummer getting old.    Never cared until after the heart surgery....and now my knee is chiming in.    All the warranties are expiring and the parts need replacing....  

 

Another reason why teams should do before school practices. Whistle blows at 6am. Practice till 7:45. Hit the showers. Go to class. 

I thought I heard there was a new heat index rule this year. I was going to make the trek to watch Highlands vs CovCath, just want to make sure they don't push the time back or to Saturday morning. I know they aren't in the same district now but no way this one doesn't get played.

I would imagine we see a lot of game times pushed till 8:00 this week. 

? Pablo, it says hear under ... weather report ... it says a front of warm air is ... moving in ...

Screenshot_20230819-095749__01.jpg

2 hours ago, Breds82 said:

I thought I heard there was a new heat index rule this year. I was going to make the trek to watch Highlands vs CovCath, just want to make sure they don't push the time back or to Saturday morning. I know they aren't in the same district now but no way this one doesn't get played.

I'm not sure if it's changed this year, but KY is one of the few states that used just the heat index. Most states use the WBGT method which takes into account windspeed, angle of the sun, etc. That method is actually a little more forgiving than just using the heat index.

1 hour ago, rjs4470 said:

I'm not sure if it's changed this year, but KY is one of the few states that used just the heat index. Most states use the WBGT method which takes into account windspeed, angle of the sun, etc. That method is actually a little more forgiving than just using the heat index.

Wet bulb temperature is also used. Wet bulb temp of 92 or higher shuts outside activity down. 

1 hour ago, rjs4470 said:

I'm not sure if it's changed this year, but KY is one of the few states that used just the heat index. Most states use the WBGT method which takes into account windspeed, angle of the sun, etc. That method is actually a little more forgiving than just using the heat index.

I learned something there, thanks for that @rjs4470.

Any bowl games next weekend with an early game could find it difficult to get early games played.  Boyle's bowl, Pike County bowl at Pikeville, Marion County are all on Sat and feature early games.  Pike County Bowl at Belfry on Friday does also. 

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.