2023 Gardner Law King Of The Bluegrass

No official releases from the @King of the Bluegrass committee yet, but the KHSAA scoreboard is already listing the invitational with several Kentucky teams including it on their schedules. No word on out of state participants yet, either.

42nd Annual Gardner Law King Of The Bluegrass
December 19-23, 2023
Fairdale High School

2023 Participating Teams (Thus Far):
Bowling Green High School (Bowling Green, KY)
Fairdale High School (Fairdale, KY)
Great Crossing High School (Georgetown, KY)
Harlan County High School (Baxter, KY)
Newport High School (Newport, KY)
Taylor County High School (Campbellsville, KY)
Warren Central High School (Bowling Green, KY)

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Here is update for teams playing in King of the Bluegrass:

Defending Champ Warren Central is back to defend their crown.

Male (Seventh Region), Newport (Ninth Region) and Frederick Douglass (11th Region) are the other defending regional champions in the 16-team field. The other teams from Kentucky will be Bowling Green, Butler County, Fairdale, Great Crossing, Harlan County, North Oldham, Spencer County, Taylor County, Trinity and Washington County.

Rounding out the field will be Little Rock (Arkansas) Central and Chicago De La Salle.

• Thanks 3

6 hours ago, LouHSJunkie said:

Male (Seventh Region), Newport (Ninth Region) and Frederick Douglass (11th Region) are the other defending regional champions in the 16-team field. The other teams from Kentucky will be Bowling Green, Butler County, Fairdale, Great Crossing, Harlan County, North Oldham, Spencer County, Taylor County, Trinity and Washington County.

Rounding out the field will be Little Rock (Arkansas) Central and Chicago De La Salle.

BGP's new 6th Region writer-rep bringing facts to the table. Thanks!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, LouHSJunkie said:

Male (Seventh Region), Newport (Ninth Region) and Frederick Douglass (11th Region) are the other defending regional champions in the 16-team field. The other teams from Kentucky will be Bowling Green, Butler County, Fairdale, Great Crossing, Harlan County, North Oldham, Spencer County, Taylor County, Trinity and Washington County.

Looking forward to seeing these matchups.  Some very good KY teams in this.

On 10/23/2023 at 10:24 AM, LouHSJunkie said:

Two schools with quite extensive non-athletic histories. Little Rock Central was at the center of desegregation following Brown v. Board of Education while De La Salle graduated all the Chicago Daleys, both Greg and Bryant Gumbel, and a host of other prominent people in American history.

• Like 5

42nd Annual Gardner Law King of the Bluegrass

December 19-23, 2023
Fairdale High School
1001 Fairdale Road
Fairdale, KY 40118
Do not arrive before 4:50…our school is not out until 3:20 and our parking lot is a gridlock.
Doors will open at 4:00 PM

Games will be 4:30 – 6:00 – 7:30 – 9:00

Bracket will not be set until mid-November.

Bowling Green
Butler County
DeSales
Fairdale
Frederick Douglas
Great Crossing
Harlan County
Louisville Male
Newport
North Oldham
Spencer County
Taylor County
Trinity
Washington County
Chicago De La Salle
Little Rock Central

We do not take teams out of our tournament unless the team request. 
Warren Central will not be attending due to the injury of Cade Unseld.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, gchs_uk9 said:

Two schools with quite extensive non-athletic histories. Little Rock Central was at the center of desegregation following Brown v. Board of Education while De La Salle graduated all the Chicago Daleys, both Greg and Bryant Gumbel, and a host of other prominent people in American history.

On 10/23/2023 at 7:18 PM, King of the Bluegrass said:

December 19-23, 2023 NO PAIRINGS until mid November.

Little Rock Central will be ranked #1  in the state. They have the #1  player in the state. He was Gatorade Player of the Year as a junior. Committed to Missouri. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Here is the schedule:

Tuesday, Dec. 19 – Spencer County vs. Male, 4:30 p.m.; Taylor County vs. Fairdale, 6 p.m.; North Oldham vs. Great Crossing, 7:30 p.m.; DeSales vs. Frederick Douglass, 9 p.m.

Wednesday, Dec. 20 – Chicago De La Salle vs. Little Rock Central, 4:30 p.m.; Washington County vs. Newport, 6 p.m.; Harlan County vs. Bowling Green, 7:30 p.m.; Butler County vs. Trinity, 9 p.m.

Thursday, Dec. 21 – Games in two gyms at 4:30, 6, 7:30 and 9 p.m.

Friday, Dec. 22 – Games in two gyms at 4:30, 6, 7:30 and 9 p.m.

Saturday, Dec. 23 – Consolation final, 3 p.m.; fifth-place game, 4:30 p.m.; third-place game, 6 p.m.; championship, 7:30 p.m.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Fairdale High School
1001 Fairdale Road
Fairdale, KY 40118

Tickets $12 Cash
Go Fan – will open four hours before the first game.
The ONLY PASS accepted at this tournament is an Official King of the Bluegrass Pass.

Because we don’t get out of school until 3:20 PM we will not open the doors until 4:00 PM. If you get here before 3:45 PM our parking lot is gridlocked.

• 2 weeks later...
I love this event every year and can not wait to be at Fairdale over the next couple of days. Today is my Dad's birthday who 8years ago passed away and we celebrated his birthday every single year at Fairdale watching the King of the Bluegrass. The memories I have in that gym are just priceless. The times I had with my my dad at the KOTB is something I will never forget. The huge fight with two out of town teams in the back gym, getting stuck in the snow to watch Rex Chapman play, my dad getting in a altercation/argument with Matt Jones of KSR lol, me being on the staff at Seneca and us making it to the championship game after knocking off nationally ranked Eastern in the semi finals, that Seneca team still holds the record for biggest winning margin in a game at the king of the Bluegrass in 2009,  watching my friend Jeff Morrow win championships with Jtown in 2004 and 2010,Taking my son, wife, and sharing those memories with them, seeing numerous Division 1 players as well as NBA players. All this and so much more I could just go on and on of the love and memories this tournament has gave me

• Like 6