2022 Gardner Law King Of The Bluegrass

41st Annual Gardner Law King Of The Bluegrass
December 16-20, 2022
Fairdale High School

2022 Participating Teams
DeSales High School (Louisville, KY) 
DuPont Manual High School (Louisville, KY) 
Fairdale High School (Fairdale, KY)
George Rogers Clark High School (Winchester, KY)
Great Crossing High School (Georgetown, KY)
Harlan County High School (Baxter, KY)
LaRue County High School (Hodgenville, KY)
Lyon County High School (Eddyville, KY)
Male High School (Louisville, KY)
North Oldham High School (Goshen, KY)
Pittsburgh Central Catholic (Pittsburgh, PA)
Spencer County High School (Taylorsville, KY)
The Sagemont School (Weston, FL)
Trinity High School (Louisville, KY)
Warren Central High School (Bowling Green, KY)
Woodford County High School (Versailles, KY)

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, 4 Quarters said:

Actually, I like prefer no out of state teams, keep it in house.

I get what you mean, but that's basically what the Sweet 16 is all about. With the inclusion of some out of state competition, there's a chance to showcase the talent from Kentucky when it's stacked up against out-of-state competitors.

4 hours ago, The Double Deuce said:

No North Laurel and no Northern Kentucky Schools at all, that latter point really seems odd.

I could be wrong but I thought Holy Cross was going to be in it and then dropped out when Meyer left.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, The Double Deuce said:

No North Laurel and no Northern Kentucky Schools at all, that latter point really seems odd.

North Laurel is playing in the City of Palms Classic in Fort Myers, Florida the week of December 15-22 and then in the Lexington Catholic tournament the week after Christmas.

• Thanks 1

Being a fan of basketball and supporting the Northern Kentucky teams  I suspect Cov Cath was probably not asked to come back this year because they won it last year.  

From observing at a distance last year the folks in Louisville probably didn’t like a team from Northern Kentucky winning.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

39 minutes ago, The_Bull44 said:

From observing at a distance last year the folks in Louisville probably didn’t like a team from Northern Kentucky winning.

You really think that’s why CovCath isn’t in it? Plenty of non-Louisville teams have won it over the years. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, The_Bull44 said:

Being a fan of basketball and supporting the Northern Kentucky teams  I suspect Cov Cath was probably not asked to come back this year because they won it last year.  

After spending essentially a decade living in Louisville as a NKY native, I think the perception of "oh, they don't like our part of the state in their part of the state" is something that both people from NKY and Louisville perceive much more than it exists. Like I'd say it's almost 80% false perception versus 20% reality. And I definitely think the fact that people continually bring it up makes it all the worse.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

After spending essentially a decade living in Louisville as a NKY native, I think the perception of "oh, they don't like our part of the state in their part of the state" is something that both people from NKY and Louisville perceive much more than it exists. Like I'd say it's almost 80% false perception versus 20% reality. And I definitely think the fact that people continually bring it up makes it all the worse.

I’ve never gotten an anti-NKY vibe here. Now there’s an anti-anywhere other than Louisville, but nothing specific to that area.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1