Capital Cat Fight

Habib

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Sen. Boxer has not only the right, but an obligation, to ask challenging questions during confirmation hearings - regardless of the position at stake.

Personally, I think she could have left the fact that Rice is single and childless out of the equation, even though she was trying to make the point that neither Rice nor herself would actually pay the price of this war, in terms of risk to immediate family members.

Frances

State Condoleezza Rice:

"And let me just say, I fully understand the sacrifice that the American people are making, and especially the sacrifice that our soldiers are making, men and women in uniform. I visit them. I know what they're going through. I talk to their families. I see it."

Barbara Boxer:

"Madam Secretary, please, I know you feel terrible about it. "That's not the point. I was making the case as to who pays the price for your decisions."

One lady has class, one broad has none. :D

State Condoleezza Rice:

"And let me just say, I fully understand the sacrifice that the American people are making, and especially the sacrifice that our soldiers are making, men and women in uniform. I visit them. I know what they're going through. I talk to their families. I see it."

Barbara Boxer:

"Madam Secretary, please, I know you feel terrible about it. "That's not the point. I was making the case as to who pays the price for your decisions."

One lady has class, one broad has none. :D

By using these two quotes, are you saying that the point that Boxer is making is invalid?

Frances

By using these two quotes, are you saying that the point that Boxer is making is invalid?

Frances

No, just having fun at her expense. Honestly, it's dumb to bring it up period. Only a moron would have trouble figuring out who pays the price in any war. It's just typical political mudslinging, and we all know how good the Dems are at that.

No, just having fun at her expense. Honestly, it's dumb to bring it up period. Only a moron would have trouble figuring out who pays the price in any war. It's just typical political mudslinging, and we all know how good the Dems are at that.

In my opinion, you are correct that it is typical mudslinging.

On the other hand, your remark that "we all know how good the Democrats are at that" is either an incomplete statement, or incredibly partisan.

Without question, both parties are excellent at the use of that tactic, and both have excellent track records of using it whenever they sense even the slightest political advantage to be gained from it.

Frances

In my opinion, you are correct that it is typical mudslinging.

On the other hand, your remark that "we all know how good the Democrats are at that" is either an incomplete statement, or incredibly partisan.

Without question, both parties are excellent at the use of that tactic, and both have excellent track records of using it whenever they sense even the slightest political advantage to be gained from it.

Frances

Oh, they both do it, but the Dems have mastered it to an art. Honestly, it drives me crazy sometimes at how inept Republicans are at it. They try to come off looking like they're taking the high road at times, but I think they're just not that good at it. At least not as good as the Dems. Just my opinion, FB.

Everyone seems to forget that Nancy said that "she too is not paying a personal price because her children are too old and her grandchildren are too young to serve" Must be a slow news day to harp on that statement, Fox and the talking heads are beating it to death. Trying to detract from Bush'e speach, perhaps?

If you need to have first hand experience with family members serving in Iraq to make decisions concerning Iraq, why don't we require members of a jury in a rape trial to have been raped or had a family member who had been raped. Surely, if you or a close famly member had experienced rape you would have a better understanding of what it means to go through such an experience.

Everyone seems to forget that Nancy said that "she too is not paying a personal price because her children are too old and her grandchildren are too young to serve" Must be a slow news day to harp on that statement, Fox and the talking heads are beating it to death. Trying to detract from Bush'e speach, perhaps?

Are you talking about Nancy Pelosi? Because it isn't about her. I don't watch TV news, so I don't know, but I don't imagine a staunch Democrat such as yourself would be caught watching Fox News enough to determine they are "beating it to death."

Oh, they both do it, but the Dems have mastered it to an art. Honestly, it drives me crazy sometimes at how inept Republicans are at it. They try to come off looking like they're taking the high road at times, but I think they're just not that good at it. At least not as good as the Dems. Just my opinion, FB.

LOL - fair enough, RTS. I see the Republicans as being more vicious, and you see the Dems. I guess that's only fair that we both see it our own way... :thumb:

Frances

LOL - fair enough, RTS. I see the Republicans as being more vicious, and you see the Dems. I guess that's only fair that we both see it our own way... :thumb:

Frances

Its not a matter of who's more vicious because the two parties use different methods. The Democrats call you and your family and friends names and the Republicans just shoot you in the face. :D

Are you talking about Nancy Pelosi? Because it isn't about her. I don't watch TV news, so I don't know, but I don't imagine a staunch Democrat such as yourself would be caught watching Fox News enough to determine they are "beating it to death."

Sorry, I mis spoke, I meant Barbra Boxer. And yes, I watch Fox, Cnn, MSMBC, network news. And it always seems that Fox has a diffrent spin then all the rest.