Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Channig Fugate, freshman Breathitt County

Featured Replies

This kid is awesome.

 

Fugate is one of those kids that impressed me early on. Even when he was not starting for Breathitt, I knew this kid had tons of potential. There are usually only a handful of players that I like to follow from their freshmen season to see how good they will become. Fugate is one of those kids, he has more potential than any kid I have seen in the mountains for awhile. It will be fun to see how he develops over the next few seasons.

There is an other kid that you need to watch it is nick noble. The kid has a ton of potential also. He has been starting varsity since the beginning of the year.

Noble is a quality athlete, I just think that the Fugate kid is bigger, more physical and has better ball handling skills at this point. I will go out on a limb and say that by the time his high school career is over he will be playing at the next level, probably division-I

Noble is a quality athlete, I just think that the Fugate kid is bigger, more physical and has better ball handling skills at this point. I will go out on a limb and say that by the time his high school career is over he will be playing at the next level, probably division-I

 

Dont get your hopes up on division-I.

Channing has told me that football is his #1 sport. He is a very exciting basketball player as well. If he goes d-1 in any sport its most def football. Give this kid 3 years in Coach Holcombs football system working the Halfback and H-back. I'm telling you with this kid, the skys the limit.

D-1 hes an average freshman. I dont think I would put him on an all freshman team in the 14th.

D-1 hes an average freshman. I dont think I would put him on an all freshman team in the 14th.

 

 

average, I have seen a lot of kids play throughout the years all over the state. I have had a chance to see some really good athletes down here in Lexington. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, this kid impressed me and I will stick with him until I am proved wrong.

average, I have seen a lot of kids play throughout the years all over the state. I have had a chance to see some really good athletes down here in Lexington. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, this kid impressed me and I will stick with him until I am proved wrong.

If he played on a good lexington program he wouldnt start on the freshman team.

If he played on a good lexington program he wouldnt start on the freshman team.

The kid is awesome, and i would take that bet. He would be in the rotation on a varsity squad. Believe me this kid has the work ethic to play any position on the court....let alone the football field. He is good hearted and is a great kid/athlete. I think people's opinions will change in the next few years. He isn't the only good freshman on this bobcat team.......Dakota Richy is also showing up to be a real force......The bench has got Breathitt to where they are now.

I've watched a lot of kids come and go...Fugate's the real deal. He has a world of potential. What he does with it will determine his future. D-1 in basketball or football is well within his reach. He's still growing at 6-2 and wears a size 15 shoe.

If he played on a good lexington program he wouldnt start on the freshman team.

 

I will also take that bet. The kid has potential and time will answer the question for us. An amidextrous 6'2-6'3 point guard that has great athletic ability, come on that is for real.

I just noticed that Fugate is on the home page of BGP, look at this kid and tell me he is not good. The kid is rising up to block a shot, impressive.

Channing Fugate can dunk the ball right now, I've seen him do it, he doesn't like to show off infront of everybody he's not one that hogs the spotlight, and will not dunk the ball in warm-ups. He respects everybody but fears no one. I honestly believe he will make a huge impact on the region and state in the near future. He is the real deal.

Channing plays with my younger brother on the football team and they are pretty good friend. My brother asked channing about all this publicity that he is getting now and channing answer with an who care. this kid is very down to earth about everything. I have had a few conversations with him and he seems very well mannered. But on the football feild and the basketball court he is a monster. He and Nick Noble (both freshman) will take breathitt far in the year to come in both sports.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.