Lincoln at Danville Christian Predictions/Updates

DCA hosts Lincoln tonight at 7:45 in a 45th District showdown. Lincoln comes in undefeated in district play and playing well. DCA, who started the season strong, has struggled in January. Can they turn things around at home?

I think it’ll be a close one. I’ll take Lincoln by 6, assuming they have everyone back (other than Bishop).

• theguru changed the title to Lincoln at Danville Christian Predictions/Updates

DCA may have found something switching to M2M defense after Lincoln Co. shredded their zone early in the game.  DCA has the personnel and athletes to make life challenging on the defensive end, but have played strictly zone giving teams open shots routinely.  Credit Lincoln Co. for weathering the rally (3 Big 3's by Blaze Knuckles) in the late 3rd/early 4th quarter.  Nice road win! 

51 minutes ago, Statsdontlie said:

I think it's time for DCA to trash that 2-3 Zone. Good teams are shredding it. I think they have the personnel to play teams man to man. 

100% or atleast adjust it.  Lincoln was sitting Alcorn at the nail area, and he was just making the right basketball play against it.  There's no reason with their personnel they should be giving teams wide open 3 PT shots in a zone defense.

1 hour ago, Statsdontlie said:

I think it's time for DCA to trash that 2-3 Zone. Good teams are shredding it. I think they have the personnel to play teams man to man. 

The DCA version of the 2/3 extends the guards while their big stays close to the basket. That leaves the FT line area pretty open. A traditional 2/3 could be more effective, at least at times.

I think their ability to play man to man depends a lot on who Ayiei has to guard. If it is someone that can knock down the mid range or longer jumper, that brings him out and takes away his ability to control the lane. Also, if the other team’s big can put the ball on the floor, that’s another reason that man to man could present a challenge for DCA.

It’s a tough situation. they have a great rim protector that they need to keep in the lane but a 2/3 doesn’t necessarily fit their other personnel.

3 hours ago, QueenoftheSouth said:

The DCA version of the 2/3 extends the guards while their big stays close to the basket. That leaves the FT line area pretty open. A traditional 2/3 could be more effective, at least at times.

I think their ability to play man to man depends a lot on who Ayiei has to guard. If it is someone that can knock down the mid range or longer jumper, that brings him out and takes away his ability to control the lane. Also, if the other team’s big can put the ball on the floor, that’s another reason that man to man could present a challenge for DCA.

It’s a tough situation. they have a great rim protector that they need to keep in the lane but a 2/3 doesn’t necessarily fit their other personnel.

He’s more than athletic enough to guard out on the floor, but I’m with you there probably needs to be a mixture for them between zone and man.  And, start taking away the high post area.  The last 3X I’ve watched them (Wayne, Danville and Lincoln) the opponent has put their best player at the FT Line area, and has led to open looks.