Chiefs at Bengals Predictions/Updates (AFC Championship)

Bengals vs. Chiefs  

18 members have voted

1. 1. AFC Championship Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/29/2023 at 11:36 PM

A repeat of last years AFC Championship game played in Arrowhead just like last year it should be a great one once again. A big thing will be how will Patrick Mahomes high ankle sprain will affect his game. The game is scheduled to kick at 6:30pm on CBS with Jim Nance and Tony Romo. Go Bengals! WHO DEY!!

• Thanks 1

Ignore the fact KC is giving 1.5, if you are taking the Chiefs, you are banking on KC's home crowd propelling Mahomes and Kelce to be all time great on Sunday. Really, what other grouping of players - and it is at least a debate between Burrow and Mahomes - are you taking from KC over Cincinnati? And Mahomes is not going to be 100%, so you can throw that out the window. I suppose OL?

The Bengals should advance to their second consecutive Superbowl.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bugatti said:

Ignore the fact KC is giving 1.5, if you are taking the Chiefs, you are banking on KC's home crowd propelling Mahomes and Kelce to be all time great on Sunday. Really, what other grouping of players - and it is at least a debate between Burrow and Mahomes - are you taking from KC over Cincinnati? And Mahomes is not going to be 100%, so you can throw that out the window. I suppose OL?

The Bengals should advance to their second consecutive Superbowl.

Has the line moved already?  I usually take a look at docsports and two of the books have KC a one point favorite and two of them a pick. 

I'm officially confident the Bengals will win a playoff game. Only took 32 years. I was in 1st grade when we got our hearts ripped out Joe Montana and my formative years were the lost decade plus. Like Joey B says "We aren't the old Bengals", and I have to get the past years out of my head. It's hard to beat a team twice in a season, 3 times in less than a year and now a 4th time in a little over a year is a tall task, but the Defense has been legit all year and the O is pretty good.

41 minutes ago, theguru said:

Has the line moved already?  I usually take a look at docsports and two of the books have KC a one point favorite and two of them a pick. 

I'm seeing KC (-1), now, so that's a 1/2 point drop from last night; that was what I was referencing. It would not shock me if it gets to a pick 'em.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, The Raven said:

KC being basically a pick 'em at home leads me to believe Vegas thinks Mahomes's ankle is worse than he and the Chiefs want people to believe.

I suppose, but it doesn't take much to see that Cincy has been better than KC the last two months, including beating them head-to-head. KC has found ways to win, but they never put away teams. I'm always "buyer beware" on these teams.

I was reading an article on ESPN that said that the line shifted yesterday for some period to temporarily have the Bengals as a small favorite (due to a lot of Cincinnati money being played).  Eventually, it settled to the Chiefs being a 1.0 point favorite.

• theguru locked and unlocked this topic
  • theguru locked this topic