Chiefs at Bengals Predictions/Updates (AFC Championship)

Bengals vs. Chiefs  

18 members have voted

1. 1. AFC Championship Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/29/2023 at 11:36 PM

I'm saying Mahommes will be perfectly fine and unless Kelce can't physically walk then he's playing. As to Gay's comments, he isn't wrong about the offense. Outside of Carolina and the Falcons, they've been consistent but very ho-hum. They seem to take what is given so they don't have unforced TOs, but still are not aggressive enough to really "scare" a defense.

I am also glad they're talking trash.

Things to watch:

- Will Kansas City focus their offense on the running game? The Chiefs have a good backfield combo. Pacheco is a bruising, aggressive runner. If I were KC, I would be a run first offense in this game, as much as that is possible in this era and with this KC offense. I would use the Baltimore offensive model - run, TE passes, control clock. They need to switch things up against the Bengals. A major focus in this game for KC should be Pacheco over 100 yards.

- Can the Bengals tackles hold up against a very good KC defensive line and two very good pass rushing DE's? Last week may have been a bit of fool's gold for the Bengals o-line. Playing with the lead helped the o-line a LOT. I still have concerns about our line. If the line can hold their own and give Burrow time, I think our passing game can thrive against this KC defensive backfield.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Breds82 said:

I'm saying Mahommes will be perfectly fine and unless Kelce can't physically walk then he's playing. As to Gay's comments, he isn't wrong about the offense. Outside of Carolina and the Falcons, they've been consistent but very ho-hum. They seem to take what is given so they don't have unforced TOs, but still are not aggressive enough to really "scare" a defense.

I am also glad they're talking trash.

If Mahomes is perfectly fine this week after a true high ankle sprain, it would be the greatest recovery in NFL history. It is a three week recovery, at the least. I say he is limited in that he will not be able to navigate outside the pocket, which is a HUGE part of his game.

The talking trash cracks me up because fans think it helps motivate their team (which both teams have talked their fair share). With this trash talk, my prediction is Cincy’s effort level will go from 100% to 100%.

• Like 1

I agree, very few professionals need trash talk to get them to play their bests as an individual. The high Ankle sprain may be true or may have been a knee jerk reaction (on purpose or not), but as long as Mahommes can throw he’s dangerous. I agree the front 4 of KC is much more formidable than Buffalo but Buffalo did beat KC 24-20 (yes they had Miller then), and Cincy replaced to Olinemen who gave up like 27 sacks between them.  It’ll tough but I give the edge to the Bengals.