Covington Holy Cross 74 Newport 72 (9th Region All "A" Finals)

2 minutes ago, Baseball Nut 24 said:

So no technical foul on Kinney for kicking #30? Not sure how you miss that. Refs did a good job giving the double technical in my opinion but again it depends on which side of this game you were on. And I mentioned above BOTH players were at fault. None of this determined the outcome of the game. HC played good, Newport came back and played good to make it a game. HC won the game. 

I don't see a kick at all. I see the Newport player trying to establish his footing as he comes down and the HC player is laying there when his foot comes down. I think the ref's call was on the HC player at first the way he is looking at it. Which should have been foul shots I believe for Newport, but then with the shoving match  so it went to the wayside. Not sure who they called a foul on or if they even did for the initial rebound scrum.

5 minutes ago, Hoops Junkie said:

What about the tech on Kinney for the kick? and I am saying the initial foul took place on the rebound and should have been on Kinney, which is why I thought the first whistle was blown.

I don't see a kick, the whistle comes after the HC players grabs the Newport players foot and was then called as the ref runs in. Looks like the call could have been a tripping as the Newport player had possession of the ball and was trying to move up court. 

9 minutes ago, Hoops Junkie said:

What about the tech on Kinney for the kick? and I am saying the initial foul took place on the rebound and should have been on Kinney, which is why I thought the first whistle was blown.

I misunderstood you. My apologies. And we agree on the initial whistle.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Brcatz said:

I don't see a kick, the whistle comes after the HC players grabs the Newport players foot and was then called as the ref runs in. Looks like the call could have been a tripping as the Newport player had possession of the ball and was trying to move up court. 

The angle I had was pretty good.  There was definitely a kick 100%.  If you don't see a kick that means you weren't there and are trying to evaluate from the top row of a video.  As @Baseball Nut 24put it I guess you can see it differently from which side you were on, and I guess I was rooting for HC so take with a grain of salt if you would like, and I know you are an anti-HC and anti-Meyer guy so I guess that's where the difference lies.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Hoops Junkie said:

The angle I had was pretty good.  There was definitely a kick 100%.  If you don't see a kick that means you weren't there and are trying to evaluate from the top row of a video.  As @Baseball Nut 24put it I guess you can see it differently from which side you were on, and I guess I was rooting for HC so take with a grain of salt if you would like, and I know you are an anti-HC and anti-Meyer guy so I guess that's where the difference lies.

Not at all, I'm a Meyer fan. I just don't see a kick I see a push off trying to get his footing on a bang bang play.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Hoops Junkie said:

The bad part is that this one play in the final second of the half is taking away from the high-level of championship game that BOTH teams put on display. Jacob Meyer was huge with 40 points. Marquez Miller with 28 was tremendous. Both teams will be a tough out come district and regional tournament time.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Baseball Nut 24 said:

The bad part is that this one play in the final second of the half is taking away from the high-level of championship game that BOTH teams put on display. Jacob Meyer was huge with 40 points. Marquez Miller with 28 was tremendous. Both teams will be a tough out come district and regional tournament time.

Both those kids had a ton of shots and misses also. Just think if they had made a few more each. Hard to believe Jake only had 2 free throws attempted. 

Holy Cross stats

Players
Jersey Player

30 Ambrocio, Donovan
3 Arlinghaus, Luke
0 Dreas, Matthew
55 Gibson, Sam
12 Meyer, Jacob
13 Reinersman, Carson
2 Smith, Jacob
1 Ward, Javier
Team
30 Total Field Goals Made (2pt and 3pt)
59 Total Field Goals Attempted (2pt and 3pt)
50.8% Total Field Goal %
11 Total 3-Point Field Goals Made
25 Total 3-Point Field Goals Attempted
44.0% Total 3-Point Field Goal %
3 Total Free Throws Made
6 Total Free Throws Attempted
50.0% Total Free Throw %
23 Total Rebounds
Scoring
Jersey Player 2-point
Field
Goals
Scored
2-point
Field
Goals
Attempted
3-point
Field
Goals
Scored
3-point
Field
Goals
Attempted
Free
Throws
Scored
Free
Throws
Attempted
Total
12 Meyer, Jacob 15 26 3 9 1 2 40
1 Ward, Javier 2 3 4 8 2 2 18
2 Smith, Jacob 0 1 2 4 0 0 6
30 Ambrocio, Donovan 1 1 1 1 0 0 5
0 Dreas, Matthew 0 0 1 3 0 0 3
55 Gibson, Sam 1 3 0 0 0 0 2
3 Arlinghaus, Luke 0 0 0 0 0 2 0
Field Goals (2pt and 3pt)
Jersey Player Field
Goals
Made
Field
Goals
Attempted
Field
Goal
%
  Team 30 59 50.8%
30 Ambrocio, Donovan 2 2 100.0%
1 Ward, Javier 6 11 54.5%
12 Meyer, Jacob 18 35 51.4%
2 Smith, Jacob 2 5 40.0%
55 Gibson, Sam 1 3 33.3%
0 Dreas, Matthew 1 3 33.3%
3-Point Field Goals
Jersey Player 3-Point
Field
Goals
Made
3-Point
Field
Goals
Attempted
3-Point
Field
Goal
%
  Team 11 25 44.0%
30 Ambrocio, Donovan 1 1 100.0%
2 Smith, Jacob 2 4 50.0%
1 Ward, Javier 4 8 50.0%
12 Meyer, Jacob 3 9 33.3%
0 Dreas, Matthew 1 3 33.3%
Free Throws
Jersey Player Free
Throws
Made
Free
Throws
Attempted
Free
Throw
%
  Team 3 6 50.0%
1 Ward, Javier 2 2 100.0%
12 Meyer, Jacob 1 2 50.0%
3 Arlinghaus, Luke   2 0.0%
Rebounds
Jersey Player Rebounds
  Team 23
0 Dreas, Matthew 3
1 Ward, Javier 3
2 Smith, Jacob 1
12 Meyer, Jacob 10
30 Ambrocio, Donovan 1
55 Gibson, Sam 5
  • Like 1

Newport Stats

Players
Jersey Player

1 Anderson, DaShawn
2 Covington, Jabari
0 Kinney, Taylen
5 Miller, Marquez
11 Silverton , Noah
4 Turner , James
Team
31 Total Field Goals Made (2pt and 3pt)
70 Total Field Goals Attempted (2pt and 3pt)
44.3% Total Field Goal %
2 Total 3-Point Field Goals Made
10 Total 3-Point Field Goals Attempted
20.0% Total 3-Point Field Goal %
8 Total Free Throws Made
12 Total Free Throws Attempted
66.7% Total Free Throw %
40 Total Rebounds
Scoring
Jersey Player 2-point
Field
Goals
Scored
2-point
Field
Goals
Attempted
3-point
Field
Goals
Scored
3-point
Field
Goals
Attempted
Free
Throws
Scored
Free
Throws
Attempted
Total
5 Miller, Marquez 13 21 0 1 2 4 28
0 Kinney, Taylen 6 10 1 3 2 2 17
4 Turner , James 4 8 0 1 4 6 12
2 Covington, Jabari 5 14 0 1 0 0 10
11 Silverton , Noah 1 4 1 2 0 0 5
1 Anderson, DaShawn 0 3 0 2 0 0 0
Field Goals (2pt and 3pt)
Jersey Player Field
Goals
Made
Field
Goals
Attempted
Field
Goal
%
  Team 31 70 44.3%
5 Miller, Marquez 13 22 59.1%
0 Kinney, Taylen 7 13 53.8%
4 Turner , James 4 9 44.4%
2 Covington, Jabari 5 15 33.3%
11 Silverton , Noah 2 6 33.3%
1 Anderson, DaShawn 0 5 0.0%
3-Point Field Goals
Jersey Player 3-Point
Field
Goals
Made
3-Point
Field
Goals
Attempted
3-Point
Field
Goal
%
  Team 2 10 20.0%
11 Silverton , Noah 1 2 50.0%
0 Kinney, Taylen 1 3 33.3%
1 Anderson, DaShawn 0 2 0.0%
2 Covington, Jabari 0 1 0.0%
4 Turner , James 0 1 0.0%
5 Miller, Marquez 0 1 0.0%
Free Throws
Jersey Player Free
Throws
Made
Free
Throws
Attempted
Free
Throw
%
  Team 8 12 66.7%
0 Kinney, Taylen 2 2 100.0%
4 Turner , James 4 6 66.7%
5 Miller, Marquez 2 4 50.0%
Rebounds
Jersey Player Rebounds
  Team 40
0 Kinney, Taylen 5
1 Anderson, DaShawn 3
2 Covington, Jabari 8
4 Turner , James 7
5 Miller, Marquez 15
11 Silverton , Noah 2
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Brcatz said:

Not sure, when did he get hurt, he played the night before against Ludlow.

He was hurt early in the season, but I don't see his name on the stats you shared (thanks for that!), so I am wondering if he re-injured it.  Seems odd you wouldn't use him (2nd biggest guy on the team, started games early in the season, I believe) in a game where Marquez is on the other end.  

1 minute ago, The Double Deuce said:

He was hurt early in the season, but I don't see his name on the stats you shared (thanks for that!), so I am wondering if he re-injured it.  Seems odd you wouldn't use him (2nd biggest guy on the team, started games early in the season, I believe) in a game where Marquez is on the other end.  

KHSAA says he only played in 5 games. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, The Double Deuce said:

Will McElheney was hurt to begin the season and hasn't started any games for Holy Cross. You might be thinking about Carson Reinersman who started a few games early when we were missing Matt Dreas for a few games and Javier Ward who missed a game. McElheney is just starting to get back to playing from his injury and has been playing "mainly" JV.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1