Texas Coach Arrested (Fired)

Jumper_Dad

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

His fiancee now says that he never strangled her, he was acting in self defense, and she never wanted him arrested.  

Here is an article from ESPN with the latest details:. 

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/I'd/35311796/texas-coach-chris-beard-fiancee-says-strangle-her

Thoughts? 

And it took 2 weeks to come to that conclusion?  Not buying that for a second.

• Like 1

On 12/23/2022 at 9:11 PM, The Raven said:

And it took 2 weeks to come to that conclusion?  Not buying that for a second.

And if alleged choking didn't happen according to fiancee and she allegedly didn't want him arrested, why were police even involved?  Not a good look for Coach Beard and Texas.  (Adult beverage fueled?)

Both admitted they had been drinking correct? I also thought if the police are called to a home for domestic dispute, one of the two people involved had to be taken in? Of course with how heated the argument was, she could've just allowed her adrenaline to take over and just claim he did things without her thinking of the consequences. The issue now is, if Beard is truly 100% innocent of physically assaulting her and a judge/jury comes to that conclusion, todays society has already painted him as a guilty and a woman abuser. People already will have made up their minds that she is back peddaling now bc she knows what she will be out financially. I'll hold judgement until the justice system has run it's course.

On 12/28/2022 at 6:50 PM, nikeman49 said:

Everyone has him guilty and he hasn’t even had due process, he may be completely innocent and everyone calling for his resignation and firing.Let’s give this guy a fighting chance please.

I clearly stated, "If this is true" in the opening post and I think that's been the feeling of everyone. That said, these are very serious charges and the school absolutely should suspend him until it is resolved. 

3 hours ago, sportsfan41 said:

Even if the charges got dropped, Texas knew it wasn't worth the risk or the headache.

Yep.  He is given due process in a court of law, as he should.   There is no due process in the court of public opinion.   Guilty or innocent legally, the minute someone shows up at a Texas game with a sign in protest, that hurts the Longhorn brand.  Better to protect the name now and deal with any wrongful termination suits later.

Early hot take by me is that coach Calipari will be the head coach at Texas next year. Bringing a lot of the top recruits next year with him to Texas, much like he did when he left Memphis to come to UK. 

Texas has the money to afford Calipari as they move into the SEC. Calipari has gotten some players from Texas through the years. Just seems like the right fit if Calipari was ever to leave UK on his own, this may be the job that he leaves for. 

• Sad 1

• Jumper_Dad changed the title to Texas Coach Arrested (Fired)