Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Texas Coach Arrested (Fired)

Featured Replies

31 minutes ago, futurecoach said:

Early hot take by me is that coach Calipari will be the head coach at Texas next year. Bringing a lot of the top recruits next year with him to Texas, much like he did when he left Memphis to come to UK. 
 

Texas has the money to afford Calipari as they move into the SEC. Calipari has gotten some players from Texas through the years. Just seems like the right fit if Calipari was ever to leave UK on his own, this may be the job that he leaves for. 

Why? He'll be #2 no matter what he does.

  • Replies 44
  • Views 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Chris Beard, what a fall from grace. From the cusp of being on top of college basketball to his sudden dismissal at Texas all in a span of 3 1/2 years.

  • 4 Quarters
    4 Quarters

    Did you forget Billy went from Kentucky to Texas Tech, certainly not a low level D1 position?

  • Jumper_Dad
    Jumper_Dad

    Rodney Terry had the interim tag lifted and got a 5 year deal. As he should, he did a heck of a job this year. 

1 hour ago, futurecoach said:

Early hot take by me is that coach Calipari will be the head coach at Texas next year. Bringing a lot of the top recruits next year with him to Texas, much like he did when he left Memphis to come to UK. 
 

Texas has the money to afford Calipari as they move into the SEC. Calipari has gotten some players from Texas through the years. Just seems like the right fit if Calipari was ever to leave UK on his own, this may be the job that he leaves for. 

Maybe you’re right but I just can’t see it. It just feels like an odd fit.

I’ve always felt Cal would collect his money until he can hit ambassador status (after next season), then be in front of a camera. That would put him at 65 years old, I think.

13 minutes ago, bugatti said:

Maybe you’re right but I just can’t see it. It just feels like an odd fit.

I’ve always felt Cal would collect his money until he can hit ambassador status (after next season), then be in front of a camera. That would put him at 65 years old, I think.

Agreed, and he will still be helping to recruit to UK which will be a win long term for UK.  I don't see him leaving for another school. 

54 minutes ago, sportsfan41 said:

Agreed, and he will still be helping to recruit to UK which will be a win long term for UK.  I don't see him leaving for another school. 

When he leaves Kentucky will be the last thing on his mind.

10 hours ago, 4 Quarters said:

When he leaves Kentucky will be the last thing on his mind.

 

11 hours ago, sportsfan41 said:

Agreed, and he will still be helping to recruit to UK which will be a win long term for UK.  I don't see him leaving for another school. 

Yeah I don't think Cal will be recruiting. Not sure how these "ambassador" roles go, but I always assumed it meant he comes out to speak at a couple fundraisers and shows up a game or two a year.

Chris Beard, what a fall from grace. From the cusp of being on top of college basketball to his sudden dismissal at Texas all in a span of 3 1/2 years.

41 minutes ago, bugatti said:

Chris Beard, what a fall from grace. From the cusp of being on top of college basketball to his sudden dismissal at Texas all in a span of 3 1/2 years.

Kind of reminds me of Billy Clyde.

3 hours ago, bugatti said:

Chris Beard, what a fall from grace. From the cusp of being on top of college basketball to his sudden dismissal at Texas all in a span of 3 1/2 years.

 

2 hours ago, 4 Quarters said:

Kind of reminds me of Billy Clyde.

I suspect Beard ends up at a low-level D1 job in the next couple of years, not unlike Gillispie. People who are good at their job - no matter how bad they are at other parts of life - almost always find a way back to their desired profession.

21 minutes ago, gchs_uk9 said:

 

I suspect Beard ends up at a low-level D1 job in the next couple of years, not unlike Gillispie. People who are good at their job - no matter how bad they are at other parts of life - almost always find a way back to their desired profession.

Did you forget Billy went from Kentucky to Texas Tech, certainly not a low level D1 position?

18 minutes ago, 4 Quarters said:

Did you forget Billy went from Kentucky to Texas Tech, certainly not a low level D1 position?

Wow, I did forget that! I guess I've totally erased all of those memories! ?

8 hours ago, bugatti said:

 

Yeah I don't think Cal will be recruiting. Not sure how these "ambassador" roles go, but I always assumed it meant he comes out to speak at a couple fundraisers and shows up a game or two a year.

I don't mean actively flying around the country and taking calls etc like he does now.  I think he will still have a finger on the pulse of recruiting as long as he's in that ambassador role.  As long as he's allowed to steer players towards UK.

On 1/5/2023 at 7:54 PM, futurecoach said:

Early hot take by me is that coach Calipari will be the head coach at Texas next year. Bringing a lot of the top recruits next year with him to Texas, much like he did when he left Memphis to come to UK. 
 

Texas has the money to afford Calipari as they move into the SEC. Calipari has gotten some players from Texas through the years. Just seems like the right fit if Calipari was ever to leave UK on his own, this may be the job that he leaves for. 

Looks like I’m not the only one who sees Calipari to Texas being a real thing. 
 

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/texas-coaching-candidates-john-calipari-rodney-terry-among-leading-options-to-replace-chris-beard/amp/

2 hours ago, bugatti said:

I remember that being rumored when Beard got the job, too.

It’s only been a couple years since then. However, a lot has changed since then and a lot more stress probably on Cal now than then. Plus he has been vocal about facilities not be updated at UK. So he may even be thinking it could be nice to get a fresh start. Probably would get similar pay too. 

Beard charges dropped, that’s why you let the process play out before judging.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.