Ludlow New Field 2023

• 2 months later...
On 12/12/2022 at 12:52 AM, Voice of Reason said:

Dayton is one of my favorite stadiums. A step back in time with the old WPA stone workmanship. The stands are right on top of the field. There is most intimate football stadium I know of.

I agree on all of your points. I truly don’t believe there’s a football stadium with the uniqueness of Davis Field in Kentucky and maybe plenty of other places too. Whenever the time comes for Dayton’s new one to be done, it will definitely be different. I can’t imagine Davis Field being taken out though due to its history and uniqueness.

44 minutes ago, hrcarrier said:

I agree on all of your points. I truly don’t believe there’s a football stadium with the uniqueness of Davis Field in Kentucky and maybe plenty of other places too. Whenever the time comes for Dayton’s new one to be done, it will definitely be different. I can’t imagine Davis Field being taken out though due to its history and uniqueness.

I consistently hear on BGP about how much Davis Field in Dayton is loved, and a great stadium. Personally, I don't see it. Is it unique? Sure. But I wouldn't even go so far as to say it's "nice". It's not in great condition, cramped, and just not a great facility. I would rank it behind Ludlow (even before the new turf) and Bellevue in terms of stadiums from the same era. While many of the newer stadiums are sort of cookie cutter and lacking character, they are much nicer places to watch a football game. I think Davis Field has seen it's better days, and it's past time for a new and improved complex for Dayton.

2 hours ago, rjs4470 said:

I consistently hear on BGP about how much Davis Field in Dayton is loved, and a great stadium. Personally, I don't see it. Is it unique? Sure. But I wouldn't even go so far as to say it's "nice". It's not in great condition, cramped, and just not a great facility. I would rank it behind Ludlow (even before the new turf) and Bellevue in terms of stadiums from the same era. While many of the newer stadiums are sort of cookie cutter and lacking character, they are much nicer places to watch a football game. I think Davis Field has seen it's better days, and it's past time for a new and improved complex for Dayton.

Of course it isn’t in the greatest condition, it’s the oldest stadium currently being used in Kentucky for high school football. I get your point about the newer stadiums being better overall for playing purposes and more space, but again, the things there are unique to plenty of stadiums, new and old.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
14 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

I am going to go @Mustang on this one. Just not a fan of any of these colorful fields.

Although I think it looks really good I lean your way too.  When I watch games with funky colored fields it confuses my brain and distracts me from the action.

Love the field though! 

• Haha 2

Just now, Tranquility Base said:

Nope.   The only team in NKY that should have a field the same color as their primary color is Dayton.

You got me for about three seconds.  I was imagining a nice, "Dayton Green" field and then... lol.