Open Job: Somerset

NotMattJones

1 hour ago, Seybold24 said:

I think Steve Stonebraker would be my first call if I was an administrator. Atleast see if he’s interested, Somerset is a really good job. 

Would be a very good choice. Somerset is a good job but also in a county where it seems like there is always movement between schools. Both of their county rivals also field really good teams. I suspect there will be plenty of applicants; you can win a state championship there.

4 hours ago, Jumper_Dad said:

A new fieldhouse with indoor practice field was on the way, but increases in building expenses has put it on hold (I'm guessing canceled). That would have been a nice enticement when looking for a new coach.

I will NEVER get this…

Why put a project on hold. Do people think the prices are going to go DOWN???

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Falcon Pride said:

I will NEVER get this…

Why put a project on hold. Do people think the prices are going to go DOWN???

Because schools have bonding potential and restrictions. If your building is going to cost $1 million, then you have to spend that, plus interest. But when things like interest rates go up, your cost goes up. However, if you only have a certain bonding potential and the cost goes up, you don't have access to as much money. That's why projects get put on hold.

54 minutes ago, Big Mck Bearcat said:

Stonebraker would do well there for sure. If they wanted to go the assistant route they may look at Cooper from LC or Rogers from SW. The last time a LC guy went there it ended up going well!

I agree with this entire statement, and expect it to happen. Clevenger will not be a candidate here I do not believe.