Franklin Co. 95 Western Hills 42

The more experienced kids for Western Hills looked frustrated and basically gave up. If I was the coach for WH I'd bite the bullet and go the rest of the season with the Freshman and Sophmores. Why waste time playing Juniors and Seniors when you get an effort like that.

Hey coach build for the future........play your underclassmen.

Deron Hicks played well, his defense is always 110%, sit out quite alot, not in shape yet, due to a football injury, but coming on, no one he can't guard. When he gets 100%, he will have to be turned loose if team is going to have a shot in that region.

Deron Hicks played well, his defense is always 110%, sit out quite alot, not in shape yet, due to a football injury, but coming on, no one he can't guard. When he gets 100%, he will have to be turned loose if team is going to have a shot in that region.
Define turned loose.

Deron is in shape he is one of those kids who doesn't get out of shape I think coach is just rotating him due to his injury and missing alot of stuff. Hicks is a very good basketball player, and even better at football. Hard to believe that this kid has had the injuries he has had and is already back in the thick of things.

As for the game FC's defenses was very good, they have several kids who played alot of time, they are not real big (tall) but they run well and play hard.

Deron is in shape he is one of those kids who doesn't get out of shape I think coach is just rotating him due to his injury and missing alot of stuff. Hicks is a very good basketball player, and even better at football. Hard to believe that this kid has had the injuries he has had and is already back in the thick of things.

As for the game FC's defenses was very good, they have several kids who played alot of time, they are not real big (tall) but they run well and play hard.

Don't disagree that "D"eron hicks is in shape. With regard to rotations I think the coaches style is that he prefers to play alot of pressure full court defense. In order to do that you need to rotate 8 to 9 players in my opinion. Especially if you are playing man full court.

"D" is starting as he should and is an explosive player. His game starts on the Defensive end and turns into offense. He can turn up the heat and change the momentum of a game very quickly as he always gives 120%. As a result he does need a breather or two. He and Aaron Watts of McCreary Central played AAU ball a few years ago and were like the "Dynamic Duo".

It is arguable as to whether he is a better football player than basketball player. I personally think he is a better basketball player. His defense is special and the kid is a winner.

FC does have athletes but against Dunbar I would advise against turning the game into a track meet as they are very fast and can finish. They lack size inside but can run three extremely quick guards at you. I would play some 2-2-1 zone press dropping back in some half court zone forcing the outside shots. Their guards seem to prefer to attack the rim, especially Hudson who is a very good soph.

Dunbar's Coach was an assistent to FC's coach when he was at Frankfort High so he will be well prepared.

If FC could pull off a win it will be there biggest this season.