Open Job: Ryle

2 hours ago, theguru said:

How many coaches on Boone's staff fit this profile?

Tyler King.

I’ve always felt that in order to generate more pride in the program they need to bring back former players like the football team did with the Grays. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, 4 Quarters said:

That's a good question, a lot of people has tried to answer this over the years, including a few different coaches.  The job has driven most of those coaches into retirement.  I guess it was back in the 90's they had a kid named McKinze that Left for Moller and it seems it has been down hill ever since.

Griffin McKenzie, 6' 9" forward. Left Ryle around 2006 or 2007. Went to Moeller. D1 scholarship to Xavier. Then transferred to the University of Denver. I think he still lives in Denver.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Voice of Reason said:

Griffin McKenzie, 6' 9" forward. Left Ryle around 2006 or 2007. Went to Moeller. D1 scholarship to Xavier. Then transferred to the University of Denver. I think he still lives in Denver.

Correct, time flies when you're having fun.

9 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

On the feeder school question, Ryle's main middle school feeder is Gray Middle School. Haven't their basketball teams been very successful over the years? Are basketball players from Gray going elsewhere to high school?

I would think some of them would go to Cooper.

15 hours ago, HSBballfan1212 said:

I saw Kurt Schneider posted on FB he wanted it. Currently, he’s an assistant under former Holy Cross head coach Brandon Grammer at Hughes in Cincinnati. 

Hmmm.... here is a question. Is posting on Facebook that you want a certain coaching job a smart play?

If I wanted to be the next, say golf coach, at Country Day, would posting that desire on social media before interviews began help my chances?

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, PP1 said:

Hmmm.... here is a question. Is posting on Facebook that you want a certain coaching job a smart play?

If I wanted to be the next, say golf coach, at Country Day, would posting that desire on social media before interviews began help my chances?

I'm not sure one way or another.  Just giving info on what I saw.  

I think that they may have to go away from the way they hired in the past. Belcher and McFarland are very similar in how they coach.  And the results at Ryle are very similar.  Both averaged around 11 wins a season(DM-10.33/KB-11.00) and struggled to win against Cooper and Conner.  

3 hours ago, HSBballfan1212 said:

I'm not sure one way or another.  Just giving info on what I saw.  

I think that they may have to go away from the way they hired in the past. Belcher and McFarland are very similar in how they coach.  And the results at Ryle are very similar.  Both averaged around 11 wins a season(DM-10.33/KB-11.00) and struggled to win against Cooper and Conner.  

Trust me, a nag will not win the Ky. Derby.

19 hours ago, ChickenWyngz said:

Weird time to resign don't ya think? Will he stay on as the AD? 

What is weird about the timing? I would assume the basketball banquet was in late March. If you're going to quit, it makes sense to do it after the banquet. 

• Like 2