Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Open Job: Ryle

Featured Replies

2 hours ago, theguru said:

 

How many coaches on Boone's staff fit this profile?

Tyler King.


I’ve always felt that in order to generate more pride in the program they need to bring back former players like the football team did with the Grays. 

  • Replies 58
  • Views 15.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • The Double Deuce
    The Double Deuce

    I don't believe this was his decision.     Wish him the best, on and off the court, in the future.  

  • throwback32
    throwback32

    Because things you do off the court matter when you are leading young men.

  • MJAlltheWay24
    MJAlltheWay24

    Short answer, I'd say Parents and lack of total control of a total basketball program regarding feeder schools, has played a big factor in the past.

Posted Images

3 hours ago, 4 Quarters said:

That's a good question, a lot of people has tried to answer this over the years, including a few different coaches.  The job has driven most of those coaches into retirement.  I guess it was back in the 90's they had a kid named McKinze that Left for Moller and it seems it has been down hill ever since.

Griffin McKenzie, 6' 9" forward. Left Ryle around 2006 or 2007. Went to Moeller. D1 scholarship to Xavier. Then transferred to the University of Denver. I think he still lives in Denver.

1 hour ago, Voice of Reason said:

Griffin McKenzie, 6' 9" forward. Left Ryle around 2006 or 2007. Went to Moeller. D1 scholarship to Xavier. Then transferred to the University of Denver. I think he still lives in Denver.

Correct, time flies when you're having fun.

@OGRaidersman Ryle's football program currently has 7 coaches on staff that were former players.

2 hours ago, SpecDe15 said:

@OGRaidersman Ryle's football program currently has 7 coaches on staff that were former players.

Exactly. I feel like last year was a good example of that restored Raider Pride.

On the feeder school question, Ryle's main middle school feeder is Gray Middle School. Haven't their basketball teams been very successful over the years? Are basketball players from Gray going elsewhere to high school?

9 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

On the feeder school question, Ryle's main middle school feeder is Gray Middle School. Haven't their basketball teams been very successful over the years? Are basketball players from Gray going elsewhere to high school?

I would think some of them would go to Cooper.

On 4/9/2022 at 11:35 AM, 4 Quarters said:

He might get a shot at it.

I saw Kurt Schneider posted on FB he wanted it. Currently, he’s an assistant under former Holy Cross head coach Brandon Grammer at Hughes in Cincinnati. 

On 4/8/2022 at 6:33 PM, OGRaidersman said:

Former player, assistant coach and current assistant coach at Boone County would be a great fit.?

Why did he leave Ryle to coach at Boone? 

15 hours ago, HSBballfan1212 said:

I saw Kurt Schneider posted on FB he wanted it. Currently, he’s an assistant under former Holy Cross head coach Brandon Grammer at Hughes in Cincinnati. 

Hmmm.... here is a question. Is posting on Facebook that you want a certain coaching job a smart play?

If I wanted to be the next, say golf coach, at Country Day, would posting that desire on social media before interviews began help my chances?

3 hours ago, PP1 said:

Hmmm.... here is a question. Is posting on Facebook that you want a certain coaching job a smart play?

If I wanted to be the next, say golf coach, at Country Day, would posting that desire on social media before interviews began help my chances?

I'm not sure one way or another.  Just giving info on what I saw.  

I think that they may have to go away from the way they hired in the past. Belcher and McFarland are very similar in how they coach.  And the results at Ryle are very similar.  Both averaged around 11 wins a season(DM-10.33/KB-11.00) and struggled to win against Cooper and Conner.  

3 hours ago, HSBballfan1212 said:

I'm not sure one way or another.  Just giving info on what I saw.  

I think that they may have to go away from the way they hired in the past. Belcher and McFarland are very similar in how they coach.  And the results at Ryle are very similar.  Both averaged around 11 wins a season(DM-10.33/KB-11.00) and struggled to win against Cooper and Conner.  

Trust me, a nag will not win the Ky. Derby.

Weird time to resign don't ya think? Will he stay on as the AD? 

10 hours ago, ChickenWyngz said:

Weird time to resign don't ya think? Will he stay on as the AD? 

No. 

19 hours ago, ChickenWyngz said:

Weird time to resign don't ya think? Will he stay on as the AD? 

What is weird about the timing? I would assume the basketball banquet was in late March. If you're going to quit, it makes sense to do it after the banquet. 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.