Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Notre Dame...an embarrassment to the BCS....

Featured Replies

Everyone knew they didn't belong, they went because of $, and only us as fans had to suffer for it.

  • Replies 147
  • Views 11.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Waste of a BCS bid...

LSU made them look like a mid major. Ouch...

Robert Smith, when asked on ESPN how ND could lose 9 straight bowl games (a record) hit the nail on the head. Bowls want to sell tickets, ND sells tickets, and the Irish are always overrated and over their heads in the bowls. Came out and said that Rutgers deserved to go to the Sugar Bowl.

I think LSU would have nailed Rutgers too.

Rutgers would not have had enough offense, plus they would have been playing in LSU's backyard.

LSU was playing as well as anyone in the country when the season ended, but it's also true that Notre Dame always get invited to a bowl game that is a little over their level of play.

 

Another reason we need a playoff ...

Wisconsin would have given a better game IMO

LSU was playing as well as anyone in the country when the season ended, but it's also true that Notre Dame always get invited to a bowl game that is a little over their level of play.

 

Another reason we need a playoff ...

 

I would love a playoff. I have to say that I am still upset how the SEC West played out this year. Arkansas was so lucky this year to fall rear end backwards into the SEC Championship game. I would have loved to have seen a Florida LSU Rematch for the championship on a neutral field.

 

I'm not going to lie I have a HUGE gripe with Arkansas on how they came to the SEC title game. The only thing they did all year that was some what impressive was an early season upset at Auburn not too long after their crushing they took to USC. I believe Auburn was not prepared for that football game like USC did for UCLA getting the big head and getting upset.

 

Then they play NO ONE until LSU and that game has no meaning to it at all. The best team Arkansas beat up till then was Tennessee and they were a very average football team.

 

I don't think Arkansas could beat Auburn again if they played but that is my opinion.

 

Arkansas at best is the #3 in the SEC and I really think they are #4 behind Auburn if they played them again.

 

I will bash Arkansas as much as anyone, because they were lucky from their scheduling point of view to be in the SEC title game. If they had to go to Florida like LSU did they would have been beaten as well an added a second conference loss to their record.

 

LSU could be the best in the SEC but they did lose to Florida and have lost one more game than Florida so it's hard to argue that they are better than Florida.

 

I think you can argue Auburn is better than Arkansas because Auburn has a much better record than Arkansas, and they beat LSU and Florida. Arkansas beat a crappy Tennessee at home and an out of no where upset at Auburn. I don't think that would happen again.

How much did Notre Dame earn for this performance? Monetarily, I mean.

 

How many times are they going to be invited to BCS games when folks keep changing the channel after it's blowout city?

I could watch ND get blown out all day... invite them as much as you want.

-Nine straight bowl losses, breaking a tie with South Carolina and West Virginia for the most in NCAA history. And this was like most of the others, a double-digit blowout that showed Notre Dame still has work to do if it wants to compete with the nation's best.

 

-Quinn doesn't have a decision to make, but the senior's hopes of being the No. 1 pick ion the NFL draft may have taken a blow. He struggled to cope with the speed and size of LSU's defense, completing just 15-of-35 for 148 yards, his two TD passes offset by two interceptions.

 

-LSU romped after halftime. The Fighting Irish, who piled up 261 yards in the first half, were outgained 333-30 over the final two quarters.

 

-Notre Dame hasn't won a postseason game since its 24-21 victory over Texas A&M in the 1994 Cotton Bowl. The Irish have been outscored 316-157 during their losing streak, with seven of the defeats by double-digit margins.

 

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?confId=&gameId=270030099

I could watch ND get blown out all day... invite them as much as you want.

 

While I may share some of the sentiment; I'd rather see ND play in the Tupperware Mixing Bowl where they belong rather than continue to rake in millions and get blown out every year.

Quinn and Notre Dame the two biggest overrated things whe it comes to college sportsd today.

 

I hope now that the N-Dame fans see that their team does not belong in the top 25 but I doubt they will admit it.

 

At least N-Dame continues that huge streak of beating the service teams.

LSU is as talented as anybody in the country IMO. O$U is a little ahead but that's it. Notre Dame was overrated and LSU was underrated IMO.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.